Table of Contents
The Houston Astros are at home for Game 2 of the World Series against the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday 8:03 PM ET at Minute Maid Park. The Phillies have a 1-0 series lead. Framber Valdez starts for Houston while Philadelphia will counter with Zack Wheeler.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Saturday, October 29, 2022
- Game Time: 8:03 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are fourth-best in MLB play with 214 total home runs.
- The Astros’ .247 batting average ranks 13th in the majors.
- The Astros’ .319 on-base percentage ranks seventh-best in the league.
- The Astros strike out 7.3 times per game to rank second in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.4 homers per game when playing at home this season (116 total in home contests).
- The Astros are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .448 at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .256.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston with 144 hits and an OBP of .406 this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Alvarez is seventh in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks second, and he is second in slugging.
- Alex Bregman is batting .259 with 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 87 walks.
- Among qualified batters, Bregman’s batting average places him 63rd, his on-base percentage 18th, and his slugging percentage 43rd.
- Bregman brings a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is batting .316 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Jose Altuve leads Houston in slugging percentage (.531) powered by 67 extra-base hits.
- Altuve takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with a double and two walks.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .257 with a .330 OBP and 107 RBI for Houston this season.
- Tucker brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies’ 205 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- The Phillies have a team batting average of .252 this season, which ranks ninth among MLB teams.
- The Phillies have an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Phillies rank 13th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- In 81 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 98 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- In 81 road games this season, they’re slugging .403 with 233 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.5 base hits per game and batting .246 on the road this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber has racked up 126 hits, a team-best for the Phillies.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Schwarber is 123rd in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging percentage.
- J.T. Realmuto leads his team with a .340 OBP.
- Realmuto is currently 34th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 25th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Rhys Hoskins has 33 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 72 walks while batting .246.
- Alec Bohm’s .398 slugging percentage paces his team.
Astros vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers