Table of Contents
The Houston Astros and the Philadelphia Phillies square off for Game 3 of the World Series on Tuesday 8:03 PM ET at Citizens Bank Park. The series is tied 1-1. Lance McCullers Jr. starts for Houston while Philadelphia will counter with Ranger Suarez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Tuesday, November 1, 2022
- Game Time: 8:03 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank fourth in baseball with 214 total home runs.
- The Astros have the 13th-ranked batting average in the majors (.247).
- The Astros rank seventh in the league with an on-base percentage of .319.
- The Astros strike out 7.3 times per game, the second-best average in baseball.
- The Astros have hit 98 homers on the road this season (1.2 per game).
- The Astros are slugging .401 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .239.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston with 144 hits and an OBP of .406 this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, Alvarez is seventh in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and second in slugging.
- Alex Bregman has 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 87 walks while hitting .259.
- Bregman’s batting average ranks 63rd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 18th, and his slugging percentage 43rd.
- Bregman heads into this game looking to extend his five-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .350 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Jose Altuve has an OPS of .917, fueled by an OBP of .386 and a team-best slugging percentage of .531 this season.
- Altuve takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .318 with two doubles and a walk.
- Kyle Tucker has 30 home runs, 107 RBI and a batting average of .257 this season.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies’ 205 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- The Phillies have a team batting average of .252 this season, which ranks ninth among MLB teams.
- The Phillies have an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Phillies rank 13th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- In 81 games at home this season, they’ve hit 107 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- They are slugging .440 in 81 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.6 base hits per game and batting .259 as a team at home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber leads the Phillies with 126 hits.
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, Schwarber’s batting average places him 123rd, his on-base percentage is 71st, and he is 15th in slugging.
- Schwarber heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .375 with two home runs, six walks and two RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto leads his team with a .340 OBP.
- Realmuto is 34th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 25th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Rhys Hoskins has 33 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 72 walks while batting .246.
- Alec Bohm’s .398 slugging percentage leads his team.
Astros vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers