The Houston Astros hit the road for Game 5 of the World Series against the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday 8:03 PM ET at Citizens Bank Park. The teams are tied up 2-2 in the series. Houston has Justin Verlander set to start, and Philadelphia will send out Noah Syndergaard.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Thursday, November 3, 2022
- Game Time: 8:03 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB play with 214 total home runs.
- The Astros rank 13th in the majors with a .247 batting average.
- The Astros are seventh in baseball with an on-base percentage of .319.
- Astros batters strike out 7.3 times per game, the second-fewest strikeouts in the league.
- The Astros average 1.2 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (98 total in road contests).
- The Astros are slugging .401 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .239 away from home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in OBP (.406) and total hits (144) this season.
- Among qualified hitters, Alvarez is seventh in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks second, and he is second in slugging.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .259 with 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 87 walks.
- Bregman is 63rd in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Jose Altuve has an OPS of .917, fueled by an OBP of .386 and a team-best slugging percentage of .531 this season.
- Kyle Tucker has been key for Houston with 140 hits, an OBP of .330 plus a slugging percentage of .478.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies’ 205 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- The Phillies’ .252 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking ninth in MLB.
- The Phillies have an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Phillies rank 13th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- In 81 games at home this season, they’ve hit 107 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- They are slugging .440 in 81 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .259 with 8.6 base hits per contest.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber has 126 hits, a team-high for the Phillies.
- Schwarber ranks 123rd in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters in MLB.
- J.T. Realmuto has a .340 OBP to pace his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Realmuto’s batting average puts him 34th, his on-base percentage ranks 45th, and he is 25th in slugging.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .246 with 33 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 72 walks.
- Alec Bohm’s .398 slugging percentage leads his team.
Astros vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers