Table of Contents
The Houston Texans (1-9-1) take a six-game losing streak into a matchup with the Cleveland Browns (4-7) on Sunday, December 4, 2022 at NRG Stadium.
The Browns are solid favorites (-7) in their game against the Texans, with the over/under at 47 points. (On the moneyline, the Browns are -328 and the Texans are +258.)
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cleveland Browns vs. Houston Texans
- Game Day: Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Browns
- So far this season, the Browns have put together a 5-6-0 record against the spread.
- Browns games with a set total have hit the over seven times this season (63.6%).
Stats & Insights for Browns
- The Browns sport the 18th-ranked defense this year (347.6 yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better offensively, ranking fifth-best with 376.9 yards per game.
- The Browns sport the 11th-ranked scoring offense this year (23.9 points per game), and they’ve been less effective on defense, ranking third-worst with 26 points allowed per game.
- Offensively, the Browns rank 16th in the NFL with 222.5 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 14th in passing yards allowed per contest (216.1).
- The Browns own the 23rd-ranked defense this year in terms of rushing yards (131.5 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking fifth-best with 154.4 rushing yards per game.
- The Browns are putting up a 39.6% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 18th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 10th, giving up a 38.5% third-down percentage.
- The Browns are putting up 5.8 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 13th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 23rd, surrendering 6 yards per play.
- The Browns own the fourth-worst turnover margin in the league at -7, forcing eight turnovers (30th in NFL) while turning it over 15 times (20th in NFL).
Browns’ Best Players
- Jacoby Brissett: 2,608 PASS YDS / 237.1 YPG / 64.1% / 12 TD / 6 INT / 47 CAR / 238 RUSH YDS / 2 TD
- Nick Chubb: 200 CAR / 1,039 YDS / 94.5 YPG / 12 TD / 17 REC / 152 YDS / 13.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Kareem Hunt: 93 CAR / 361 YDS / 32.8 YPG / 3 TD / 23 REC / 155 YDS / 14.1 YPG / 1 TD
- Amari Cooper: 57 REC / 792 YDS / 72 YPG / 7 TD
- Donovan Peoples-Jones: 42 REC / 593 YDS / 53.9 YPG / 1 TD
- David Njoku: 41 REC / 464 YDS / 51.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Myles Garrett: 30 TKL / 10 TFL / 10 SACK / 2 PD
- Grant Delpit: 66 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 6 PD
- A.J. Green: 7 TKL / 1 INT / 1 PD
Betting Insights for Texans
- The Texans’ ATS record is 4-6-1 this season.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 7 points or more, the Texans have a 4-2 record against the spread.
- The Texans have gone over in four of their 11 games with a set total (36.4%).
Stats & Insights for Texans
- This season has been hard for the Texans on both offense and defense, as they are compiling just 279 total yards per game (worst) and allowing 385 total yards per game (fourth-worst).
- The Texans rank third-worst in points per game (15.8), but they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 22nd in the NFL with 23.6 points allowed per contest.
- With 190.5 passing yards per game on offense, the Texans rank 27th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 17th, giving up 216.4 passing yards per contest.
- The Texans have lots of room to get better in the running game, as they rank fourth-worst in rushing yards per game (88.5) and worst in rushing yards surrendered per game (168.6).
- The Texans’ third-down offense has been bottom-five this season, generating a 28.1% third-down percentage, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 14th with a 38.9% third-down rate ceded.
- The Texans are posting 5.2 yards per play on offense this season (27th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 5.9 yards per play (21st-ranked) on defense.
- The Texans have a -4 turnover margin this season, which ranks 26th in the NFL.
Best Players for Texans
- Davis Mills: 2,144 PASS YDS / 214.4 YPG / 61.9% / 11 TD / 11 INT
- Dameon Pierce: 180 CAR / 788 YDS / 71.6 YPG / 3 TD / 27 REC / 143 YDS / 13 YPG / 1 TD
- Eno Benjamin: 70 CAR / 299 YDS / 29.9 YPG / 2 TD / 24 REC / 184 YDS / 18.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Brandin Cooks: 44 REC / 520 YDS / 52 YPG / 1 TD
- Nico Collins: 34 REC / 446 YDS / 49.6 YPG / 1 TD
- Jordan Akins: 21 REC / 300 YDS / 33.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Jerry Hughes: 26 TKL / 9 TFL / 8 SACK / 1 INT / 1 PD
- Jonathan Owens: 92 TKL / 2 PD
- Jalen Pitre: 76 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 INT / 3 PD