Table of Contents
Argentina and the Netherlands compete on Friday, December 9 at 2:00 PM ET in the 2022 World Cup quarterfinal. Argentina is coming off a 2-1 win versus Australia, and the Netherlands defeated the United States 3-1 in its previous match.
The moneyline odds for Argentina to advance are +116. The odds for the Netherlands to do so are +259. The moneyline says Argentina has a 46.3% chance of winning this match.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
Argentina vs. Netherlands Match Info
- Game Day: Friday, December 9, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: Lusail Iconic Stadium
Argentina Stats and Trends
- Argentina has recorded seven goals through four matches in this tournament (fifth in World Cup), while the Netherlands has allowed two goals over four matches (fifth in tournament).
- Argentina’s +4 goal difference ranks fifth in the World Cup.
- Argentina faced Australia in its previous game and was victorious 2-1. The victorious Argentina side took 14 shots, outshooting Australia by 10.
- Julian Alvarez and Lionel Messi scored the goals for their side versus Australia.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
Netherlands Stats and Trends
- In the World Cup, the Netherlands has scored eight goals over four matches (fourth in league). Argentina has conceded three through four matches (ninth).
- The Netherlands has outscored opponents eight to two. Its +6 goal differential ranks second in the World Cup.
- The Netherlands secured a 3-1 win against the United States in its last match on December 3, though it was outshot 17 to 15.
- Daley Blind, Memphis Depay and Denzel Dumfries each scored for the Netherlands.
Argentina vs. Netherlands Players to Watch
- Messi has three goals and one assist in World Cup action for Argentina.
- Alvarez has two goals in four matches for Argentina in the World Cup.
- Enzo Fernandez, for Argentina in the World Cup, has one goal and one assist in four matches.
- In its World Cup campaign (four matches), Argentina’s Alexis MacAllister has one goal.
- Through four World Cup matches, Davy Klaassen has helped spur the Netherlands with one goal and two assists.
- Dumfries has tallied one goal and two assists through four matches in World Cup play for the Netherlands.
- Cody Gakpo has added three goals for the Netherlands (in four World Cup matches).
- Blind’s four World Cup appearances have returned one goal and one assist for the Netherlands.
Chances to Win the World Cup
|Chance to Win the World Cup||Implied Probability||Overall Rank||Group Rank|
Pick to Win Argentina vs. Netherlands
The best pick to win is Argentina.