Table of Contents
The Miami Dolphins (8-4) visit the Los Angeles Chargers (6-6) at SoFi Stadium on Sunday, December 11, 2022.
The Chargers are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3), versus the Dolphins (with an over/under of 52 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for Miami Dolphins vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Game Day: Sunday, December 11, 2022
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Inglewood, California
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Dolphins
- The Dolphins have gone 6-6-0 ATS this season.
- The Dolphins have a 4-3 record against the spread in games they were favored by 3 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in six of the Dolphins’ 12 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Dolphins
- The Dolphins rank 17th in total defense this year (344 yards allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on the offensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 380.2 total yards per game.
- The Dolphins are averaging 24.9 points per game on offense (eighth in NFL), and they rank 25th on defense with 24.1 points allowed per game.
- Offensively, the Dolphins have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking second-best in the NFL by totaling 290.5 per game. They rank 21st on defense (233.5 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Dolphins rank fifth-worst in rushing offense (89.7 rushing yards per game), but they’ve been better on defense, ranking ninth with 110.5 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- Offensively, the Dolphins rank 21st in the NFL with a 38.7% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, they rank 24th in third-down percentage allowed (41.8%).
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Dolphins have been a top-five unit in terms of yards per play, ranking second-best in the NFL by putting up 6.5 yards per play. They rank 14th on defense (5.7 yards per play allowed).
- The Dolphins have the 24th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at -3, forcing 12 turnovers (24th in NFL) while turning it over 15 times (17th in NFL).
Dolphins’ Best Players
- Tua Tagovailoa: 2,859 PASS YDS / 285.9 YPG / 68.1% / 21 TD / 5 INT
- Jeff Wilson Jr.: 132 CAR / 680 YDS / 56.7 YPG / 4 TD / 16 REC / 149 YDS / 12.4 YPG / 1 TD
- Raheem Mostert: 125 CAR / 573 YDS / 52.1 YPG / 3 TD / 17 REC / 119 YDS / 10.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Tyreek Hill: 96 REC / 1,379 YDS / 114.9 YPG / 5 TD
- Jaylen Waddle: 57 REC / 972 YDS / 81 YPG / 6 TD
- Trent Sherfield: 25 REC / 355 YDS / 29.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Bradley Chubb: 35 TKL / 5 TFL / 8 SACK / 1 PD
- Elandon Roberts: 74 TKL / 6 TFL / 2.5 SACK
- Jevon Holland: 63 TKL / 1.5 SACK / 2 INT / 5 PD
Betting Insights for Chargers
- So far this season, the Chargers have compiled a 7-5-0 record against the spread.
- The Chargers are a perfect 3-0 against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in six of the Chargers’ 12 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Chargers
- From an offensive standpoint, the Chargers are compiling 351.2 total yards per contest (13th-ranked). They rank 26th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (371.7 total yards given up per game).
- The Chargers’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, conceding 25.8 points per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank 14th with 22.7 points per contest.
- The Chargers’ pass offense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with 266.5 passing yards per game. In terms of defense, they are ceding 220.1 passing yards per game, which ranks 19th.
- The Chargers have been outplayed on both sides of the ball in terms of rushing this season, ranking second-worst in rushing yards (84.7 per game) and fourth-worst in rushing yards surrendered (151.6 per game).
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the Chargers rank 11th in the NFL (42% third-down conversion percentage) and 25th on the other side of the ball (43.8% third-down rate allowed).
- The Chargers’ defense has been a bottom-five unit this season in terms of yards per play, ceding 6.3, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 22nd at 5.4 yards per play.
- The Chargers have thrived in terms of turnovers, as their turnover margin of +4 ranks fifth-best in the NFL, with 17 forced turnovers (ninth in league) and 13 turnovers committed (10th in league).
Best Players for Chargers
- Justin Herbert: 3,339 PASS YDS / 278.3 YPG / 66.7% / 20 TD / 7 INT / 41 CAR / 135 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Austin Ekeler: 138 CAR / 589 YDS / 49.1 YPG / 7 TD / 85 REC / 564 YDS / 47 YPG / 5 TD
- Joshua Kelley: 32 CAR / 138 YDS / 17.3 YPG / 1 TD / 9 REC / 72 YDS / 9 YPG / 0 TD
- Josh Palmer: 57 REC / 612 YDS / 55.6 YPG / 3 TD
- Mike Williams: 38 REC / 510 YDS / 63.8 YPG / 3 TD
- Khalil Mack: 38 TKL / 10 TFL / 7 SACK / 1 PD
- Derwin James: 106 TKL / 5 TFL / 4 SACK / 1 INT / 4 PD
- Bryce Callahan: 40 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 INT / 6 PD