Table of Contents
The Iowa Hawkeyes (6-2) are 5-point favorites as they attempt to extend a four-game home winning streak when they take on the No. 20 Iowa State Cyclones (7-1) on Thursday, December 8, 2022 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 140.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Hawkeyes vs. Cyclones
- Game Day: Thursday, December 8, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Iowa City, Iowa
- Arena: Carver-Hawkeye Arena
Iowa Betting Stats & Information
- Iowa has a 4-1 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 80% of those games).
- The Hawkeyes have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -211 or shorter.
- The Hawkeyes are 5-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cyclones have a 1-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 5 points or more this season.
- The average total for Iowa’s games this year is 11.5 more points than the over/under of 140.5 in this game.
Iowa State Betting Stats & Info
- Iowa State has won two of the three games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Cyclones have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +175 moneyline set for this game.
- So far this year, the Cyclones have compiled a 5-3-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 5-point underdogs this year, the Cyclones are 1-1 against the spread.
- Iowa State’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 128.5 points, 12 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Iowa vs. Iowa State Season Stat Comparison
|Iowa Rank||Iowa AVG||Iowa State AVG||Iowa State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Iowa Hawkeyes Leaders
- The Hawkeyes leader in points and rebounds is Kris Murray, who scores 19.4 points and pulls down 10.1 rebounds per game.
- Tony Perkins is Iowa’s best passer, dispensing 3.1 assists per game while scoring 11.7 PPG.
- Murray makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hawkeyes, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
Iowa State Cyclones Leaders
- Jaren Holmes scores 14.8 points per game and is the top scorer for the Cyclones.
- Aljaz Kunc has a stat line of 6.4 rebounds, 7.9 points and 2.4 assists per game for Iowa State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Tamin Lipsey has the top spot for assists with 3.8 per game, adding 6.3 points and 2.5 rebounds per contest.
- Caleb Grill is dependable from deep and leads the Cyclones with two made threes per game.