Table of Contents
Argentina and Croatia compete on Tuesday, December 13 at 2:00 PM ET in the 2022 World Cup semifinal. Argentina is coming off a win in penalties against the Netherlands, and Croatia beat Brazil in penaltiesin its quarterfinal match.
The odds of Argentina advancing to the World Cup final are -132. The odds for Croatia are +430. The moneyline says Argentina has a 56.9% chance of winning this game.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
Argentina vs. Croatia Match Info
- Game Day: Tuesday, December 13, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: Lusail Iconic Stadium
Argentina Stats and Trends
- Argentina ranks fifth in the World Cup in goals scored with nine (1.8 per match), while defensively, Croatia is fifth with three goals conceded (0.6 per match).
- Argentina is seventh in the World Cup with a goal differential of +4.
- Argentina faced the Netherlands in its previous game and won on penalty kicks. The victorious Argentina side took 14 shots, outshooting the Netherlands by seven.
- Nahuel Molina and Lionel Messi scored the two goals for their team versus the Netherlands.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
Croatia Stats and Trends
- Croatia has six total goals over five matches in this tournament (eighth in World Cup). Argentina has allowed five goals through five matches (16th in league).
- Croatia ranks ninth in goal differential in the World Cup (+3).
- Croatia secured a victory on penalty kicks against Brazil in its most recent match on December 9. Brazil outshot Croatia 20 to eight.
- Bruno Petkovic scored his team’s only goal in the match.
Argentina vs. Croatia Players to Watch
- Argentina, in World Cup action, has received four goals and two assists via Messi.
- Enzo Fernandez has been involved in five matches in the World Cup for Argentina, and has picked up one goal and one assist.
- In five matches in the World Cup, Argentina’s Julian Alvarez has two goals.
- Argentina’s campaign in the World Cup includes Molina with one goal and one assist in five matches.
- Ivan Perisic has one goal and two assists in five matches for Croatia in World Cup play.
- In World Cup play (five appearances), Andrej Kramaric has two goals (11th in World Cup play) for Croatia.
- Mislav Orsic has added two assists for Croatia in the World Cup (five matches).
- Josip Juranovic’s five World Cup appearances for Croatia have returned one assist.
Pick to Win Argentina vs. Croatia
Our pick to win is Argentina.