Table of Contents
The Dallas Cowboys (10-3) enter a matchup against the Jacksonville Jaguars (5-8) on Sunday, December 18, 2022 at TIAA Bank Field on a four-game winning streak.
The Jaguars are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+4.5), against the Cowboys (with an over/under of 48 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dallas Cowboys vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Game Day: Sunday, December 18, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Cowboys
- The Cowboys have an 8-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Cowboys have a 3-2 record against the spread this season when favored by 4.5 points or more.
- Seven of the Cowboys’ 13 games with a set total have hit the over (53.8%).
Stats & Insights for Cowboys
- The Cowboys rank 10th in total offense this year (359.6 yards per game), but they’ve been playing really well on defense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 310.9 yards allowed per game.
- The Cowboys have been shining on both sides of the ball, ranking third-best in scoring offense (27.7 points per game) and third-best in scoring defense (17.6 points allowed per game).
- Defensively, the Cowboys have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking second-best by allowing only 182.4 passing yards per game. They rank 20th on offense (215.2 passing yards per game).
- The Cowboys are averaging 144.5 rushing yards per game on offense (seventh in the NFL), and they rank 23rd on defense with 128.5 rushing yards allowed per game.
- On the defensive side of the ball, the Cowboys have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fifth-best by giving up a 34.9% third-down conversion rate. They rank seventh on offense (45% third-down conversion rate).
- The Cowboys are gaining 5.8 yards per play on offense (12th in the league), while sporting the third-best yards per play on defense in the NFL (5.2) this season.
- With 23 forced turnovers (first in NFL) against 15 turnovers committed (13th in NFL), the Cowboys’ +8 turnover margin is the third-best in the NFL.
Cowboys’ Best Players
- Dak Prescott: 1,847 PASS YDS / 230.9 YPG / 66.9% / 14 TD / 9 INT / 25 CAR / 94 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Tony Pollard: 158 CAR / 894 YDS / 68.8 YPG / 9 TD / 29 REC / 279 YDS / 21.5 YPG / 3 TD
- Ezekiel Elliott: 172 CAR / 716 YDS / 65.1 YPG / 9 TD / 14 REC / 73 YDS / 6.6 YPG / 0 TD
- CeeDee Lamb: 74 REC / 961 YDS / 73.9 YPG / 6 TD
- Noah Brown: 34 REC / 484 YDS / 40.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Dalton Schultz: 41 REC / 430 YDS / 39.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Micah Parsons: 57 TKL / 13 TFL / 12 SACK / 3 PD
- Leighton Vander Esch: 90 TKL / 4 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 PD
- Daron Bland: 32 TKL / 3 INT / 4 PD
Betting Insights for Jaguars
- The Jaguars are 5-8-0 against the spread this season.
- The Jaguars are 1-2 against the spread when an underdog by 4.5 points or more this year.
- The Jaguars have hit the over in seven of their 13 games with a set total (53.8%).
Stats & Insights for Jaguars
- The Jaguars rank 11th with 357.5 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 27th with 368.7 total yards given up per contest on defense.
- From an offensive angle, the Jaguars are compiling 22.6 points per game (15th-ranked). They rank 15th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (22.6 points surrendered per game).
- The Jaguars have been struggling in pass defense, ranking fifth-worst with 253.3 passing yards allowed per game. They have been more productive offensively, generating 235.3 passing yards per contest (10th-ranked).
- The Jaguars are generating 122.2 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (15th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 115.4 rushing yards per contest (14th-ranked) on defense.
- The Jaguars rank 15th in third-down conversion rate (40.2%) on offense, but they’ve been less effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with a 45.9% third-down percentage allowed.
- From an offensive angle, the Jaguars are compiling 5.8 yards per play (12th-ranked). They rank 18th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (5.9 yards given up per play).
- The Jaguars have excelled in terms of turnovers, as their turnover margin of +6 ranks fourth-best in the NFL, with 20 forced turnovers (seventh in league) and 14 turnovers committed (seventh in league).
Best Players for Jaguars
- Trevor Lawrence: 3,202 PASS YDS / 246.3 YPG / 66.2% / 20 TD / 6 INT / 46 CAR / 218 RUSH YDS / 4 TD
- Travis Etienne: 163 CAR / 814 YDS / 62.6 YPG / 4 TD / 25 REC / 214 YDS / 16.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Christian Kirk: 67 REC / 874 YDS / 67.2 YPG / 7 TD
- Zay Jones: 68 REC / 655 YDS / 54.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Evan Engram: 53 REC / 548 YDS / 42.2 YPG / 4 TD
- Dawuane Smoot: 15 TKL / 3 TFL / 5 SACK / 1 PD
- Foyesade Oluokun: 142 TKL / 9 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 PD
- Andre Cisco: 57 TKL / 3 INT / 9 PD