Table of Contents
The UTSA Roadrunners and the Troy Trojans will meet for the Duluth Trading Cure Bowl. The matchup is at 3:00 PM ET on December 16, 2022, and airs on ESPN.
The Trojans are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+1), versus the Roadrunners (with an over/under of 56.5 points).
Create your Bowl Pick’em Pool with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Game Info and Betting Lines for UTSA vs. Troy
- Game Day: Friday, December 16, 2022
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Stadium: Exploria Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
UTSA Betting Insights
- Troy has a 10-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- Troy is 5-0 against the spread when an underdog by 1 point or more this season.
- Troy games have gone over the point total in six out of 13 opportunities (46.2%).
UTSA Stats & Insights
- UTSA sports the 92nd-ranked defense this year (404.9 yards allowed per game), and has been better on the other side of the ball, ranking ninth-best with a tally of 486.1 yards per game.
- On offense, UTSA has been a top-25 unit, ranking 12th-best in the FBS by compiling 38.7 points per game. The Roadrunners rank 64th on defense (26.5 points allowed per game).
- On the offensive side of the ball, UTSA has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking 12th-best in the FBS by totaling 308.6 per game. The Roadrunners rank 102nd on defense (253.5 passing yards allowed per game).
- UTSA is compiling 177.5 rushing yards per game on offense (48th in the FBS), and ranks 71st on the other side of the ball with 151.5 rushing yards allowed per game.
- On the offensive side of the ball, UTSA has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking eighth-best in the FBS by averaging a 49.7% third-down percentage. The defense ranks 71st on defense (39.0% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- With 19 forced turnovers (27th in the FBS) against 14 turnovers committed (37th in the FBS), UTSA’s +5+5 turnover margin ranks 30th in college football.
UTSA’s Best Players
- Frank Harris has 3,865 yards passing for UTSA, completing 71.1% of his passes and tossing 31 touchdowns and seven interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 588 rushing yards (45.2 ypg) on 121 carries with nine rushing touchdowns.
- Kevorian Barnes has 713 rushing yards on 114 carries with six touchdowns.
- Brenden Brady has been handed the ball 156 times this year and racked up 699 yards (58.3 per game) with nine touchdowns. He’s also helped out in the passing game with 18 grabs for 190 yards
- Zakhari Franklin’s team-high 1,100 yards as a receiver have come on 86 catches (out of zero targets) with 14 touchdowns.
- Joshua Cephus has put together a 985-yard season so far with six touchdowns, reeling in 87 passes on zero targets.
- De’Corian Clark has compiled 51 receptions for 741 yards, an average of 82.3 yards per game. He’s scored eight times as a receiver this season.
- Trey Moore has five sacks to pace the team, and also has nine TFL and 48 tackles.
- Jamal Ligon, UTSA’s top tackler, has 81 tackles and four TFL this year.
- Clifford Chattman leads the team with four interceptions, while also collecting 62 tackles and 14 passes defended.
Troy Betting Insights
- Troy is 10-3-0 ATS this year.
- Troy is a perfect 5-0 against the spread when an underdog by 1 point or more this year.
- In Troy’s 13 games with a set total, six have hit the over (46.2%).
Troy Stats & Insights
- Troy ranks 77th in the FBS with 375.3 total yards per game, but it has been carried by its defense, which ranks 22nd-best by giving up just 325.6 total yards per game.
- Troy ranks 80th in the FBS with 26.2 points per contest, but it has been lifted up by its defense, which ranks eighth-best by giving up only 17.5 points per game.
- Troy is putting up 252.5 passing yards per contest on offense this season (46th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 208.1 passing yards per contest (40th-ranked) on defense.
- Troy’s run defense has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 23rd-best in the FBS with 117.5 rushing yards surrendered per game. In terms of offense, it is generating 122.8 rushing yards per game, which ranks 103rd.
- Troy ranks 23rd-worst in third-down conversion percentage (34.2%), but it has been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 91st in the FBS with a 41.2% third-down rate allowed.
- With 19 forced turnovers (27th in the FBS) and 19 turnovers committed (96th in the FBS) this season, Troy ranks 100th in the FBS with a turnover margin of 0.
Troy’s Best Players
- Gunnar Watson has racked up 2,700 yards (225.0 per game) while completing 61.9% of his passes and tossing 13 touchdown passes with 10 interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Kimani Vidal, has carried the ball 209 times for 1,064 yards (81.8 per game) with nine touchdowns.
- DK Billingsley has run for 656 yards across 134 carries, scoring eight touchdowns.
- Tez Johnson has hauled in 818 receiving yards on 52 receptions to pace his team so far this season while scoring four touchdowns as a receiver.
- RaJae’ Johnson has caught 34 passes and compiled 672 receiving yards (51.7 per game) with six touchdowns.
- Deshon Stoudemire has racked up 491 reciving yards (40.9 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- T.J. Jackson leads the team with seven sacks, and also has 12 TFL and 46 tackles.
- Troy’s tackle leader, Carlton Martial, has 121 tackles, one TFL, and one interception this year.
- Reddy Steward has picked off a team-leading three passes. He also has 50 tackles, one TFL, and eight passes defended to his name.