Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Chargers (9-6) will attempt to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the Los Angeles Rams (5-10) on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at SoFi Stadium.
The Chargers are averaging 22.1 points per game on offense (13th in NFL), and they rank 21st on defense with 22.9 points allowed per game. The Rams have been sputtering offensively, ranking second-worst with 281.5 total yards per game. They have been better on the other side of the ball, surrendering 331 total yards per contest (12th-ranked).
Chargers vs. Rams Picks
The Chargers are projected by BetterPool users to both win straight up and cover the spread against the Rams on Sunday. Right now, 91.2% of users are picking them to win and 60.9% are picking the Chargers to cover the 6.5-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Chargers vs. Rams
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Inglewood, California
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
See the betting insights and trends below before making a bet on Sunday’s Chargers-Rams spread (Chargers -6.5) or over/under (41 points).
Betting Insights for Chargers
- The Chargers are 9-5-1 ATS this season.
- The Chargers have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 6.5 points or more this season (0-1).
- Chargers games have gone over the point total on six of 15 occasions (40%).
Stats & Insights for Chargers
- From an offensive standpoint, the Chargers rank 11th in the NFL with 355 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 19th in total defense (342.4 yards allowed per contest).
- The Chargers are totaling 22.1 points per game on offense, which ranks them 13th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 21st, allowing 22.9 points per contest.
- The Chargers own the ninth-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (201.9 allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking third-best with 270.1 passing yards per game.
- The Chargers rank second-worst in rushing offense (84.9 rushing yards per game), but they’ve been better on defense, ranking 26th with 140.5 rushing yards allowed per game.
- The Chargers are averaging a 42.2% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (ninth in NFL), and they are allowing a 39.2% third-down conversion rate (18th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Chargers are accumulating 5.4 yards per play (24th in the league), while giving up 6 per play on the defensive side of the ball (26th in the NFL) this season.
- With 21 forced turnovers (10th in NFL) against 17 turnovers committed (sixth in NFL), the Chargers (+4) have the eighth-ranked turnover margin in the league.
Best Players for Chargers
- Justin Herbert: 4,254 PASS YDS / 283.6 YPG / 68% / 21 TD / 10 INT
- Austin Ekeler: 183 CAR / 759 YDS / 50.6 YPG / 11 TD / 99 REC / 647 YDS / 43.1 YPG / 5 TD
- Joshua Kelley: 55 CAR / 224 YDS / 20.4 YPG / 2 TD / 12 REC / 94 YDS / 8.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Mike Williams: 52 REC / 769 YDS / 69.9 YPG / 4 TD
- Josh Palmer: 68 REC / 730 YDS / 52.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Khalil Mack: 48 TKL / 11 TFL / 8 SACK / 2 PD
- Drue Tranquill: 127 TKL / 7 TFL / 5 SACK / 1 INT / 4 PD
- Bryce Callahan: 46 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Rams
- The Rams’ ATS record is 5-9-1 this year.
- The Rams have a 2-2 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 6.5 points or more this season.
- Rams games have gone over the point total in six out of 15 opportunities (40%).
Stats & Insights for Rams
- The Rams have been struggling on offense, ranking second-worst with 281.5 total yards per game. They have been better on the other side of the ball, surrendering 331 total yards per contest (12th-ranked).
- The Rams rank 26th in the NFL with 18.7 points per game on offense, and they rank 17th with 22.3 points surrendered per game on defense.
- The Rams are generating 191.6 passing yards per contest on offense this season (25th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 226.5 passing yards per contest (22nd-ranked) on defense.
- While the Rams’ run offense has been sputtering, ranking fourth-worst with 89.9 rushing yards per game, their defense ranks fifth-best with only 104.5 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the Rams rank 16th in the NFL (40.3% third-down conversion percentage) and 23rd on defense (40.8% third-down rate allowed).
- The Rams’ offense has been bottom-five in yards per play this season, posting 5.1, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 15th, giving up 5.7 yards per play.
- The Rams sport a -1 turnover margin this season, which ranks 17th in the NFL.
Best Players for Rams
- Baker Mayfield: 1,884 PASS YDS / 188.4 YPG / 61% / 10 TD / 7 INT
- Cam Akers: 148 CAR / 559 YDS / 43 YPG / 7 TD / 9 REC / 83 YDS / 6.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Kyren Williams: 33 CAR / 133 YDS / 16.6 YPG / 0 TD / 9 REC / 76 YDS / 9.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Tyler Higbee: 65 REC / 576 YDS / 38.4 YPG / 3 TD
- Ben Skowronek: 39 REC / 376 YDS / 26.9 YPG / 0 TD
- Tutu Atwell: 14 REC / 261 YDS / 23.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Leonard Floyd: 53 TKL / 9 TFL / 8 SACK
- Bobby Wagner: 126 TKL / 9 TFL / 6 SACK / 2 INT / 5 PD
- Decobie Durant: 9 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 SACK / 3 INT / 5 PD