Table of Contents
The New York Giants (8-6-1) host a struggling Indianapolis Colts (4-10-1) squad on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at MetLife Stadium. The Colts have lost five straight games.
The Giants are putting up 20.7 points per game on offense this season (20th in NFL), and they are surrendering 22.6 points per game (20th) on the defensive side of the ball. The Colts rank fifth-worst in total yards per game (309.9), but they’ve been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 11th in the NFL with 328.3 total yards surrendered per contest.
Giants vs. Colts Picks
Right now, 4.2% of BetterPool users are picking the Colts to upset the Giants, with 13.6% picking the Colts to cover the 5-point spread on Sunday.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Giants vs. Colts
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
Before you decide to wager on New York-Indianapolis matchup (in which New York is a 5-point favorite and the total has been set at 39.5 points), keep reading for a few betting insights and trends for Sunday’s game.
Betting Insights for Giants
- So far this season, the Giants have posted an 11-4-0 record against the spread.
- The Giants are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when favored by 5 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in six of the Giants’ 15 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Giants
- The Giants are averaging 333.2 yards per game on offense (20th in NFL), and they rank 27th defensively with 366.3 yards allowed per game.
- The Giants are putting up 20.7 points per game on offense, which ranks them 20th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 20th, giving up 22.6 points per contest.
- The Giants are compiling 188.3 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 27th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 19th, allowing 220.5 passing yards per contest.
- Despite sporting a bottom-five run defense that ranks fifth-worst in the NFL (145.9 rushing yards allowed per game), the Giants have put up better results offensively, ranking sixth in the NFL by totaling 144.9 rushing yards per game.
- The Giants rank 23rd in third-down percentage this year (36.6%), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with a 35.8% third-down percentage allowed.
- The Giants are putting up 5.5 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 20th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 26th, allowing 6 yards per play.
- With 17 forced turnovers (20th in NFL) against 15 turnovers committed (first in NFL), the Giants (+2) have the 11th-ranked turnover margin in the league.
Best Players for Giants
- Daniel Jones: 3,028 PASS YDS / 201.9 YPG / 66.5% / 13 TD / 5 INT / 109 CAR / 617 RUSH YDS / 5 TD
- Saquon Barkley: 283 CAR / 1,254 YDS / 83.6 YPG / 10 TD / 55 REC / 343 YDS / 22.9 YPG / 0 TD
- Darius Slayton: 44 REC / 710 YDS / 50.7 YPG / 2 TD
- Richie James Jr.: 50 REC / 493 YDS / 32.9 YPG / 3 TD
- Isaiah Hodgins: 33 REC / 350 YDS / 38.9 YPG / 3 TD
- Dexter Lawrence: 63 TKL / 6 TFL / 6.5 SACK / 3 PD
- Julian Love: 110 TKL / 6 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 INT / 5 PD
Betting Insights for Colts
- The Colts have a 6-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 5-point underdogs this year, the Colts are 1-2 against the spread.
- Five of the Colts’ 15 games with a set total have hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Colts
- The Colts have been struggling offensively, ranking fifth-worst with 309.9 total yards per game. They have been more effective on defense, giving up 328.3 total yards per contest (11th-ranked).
- The Colts’ offense has been bottom-five this season, generating 16.5 points per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 25th with 23.8 points surrendered per contest.
- In terms of passing, the Colts rank 23rd in the NFL (207.1 passing yards per game) and 11th on defense (206.1 passing yards allowed per contest).
- From an offensive standpoint, the Colts are generating 102.8 rushing yards per game (25th-ranked). They rank 20th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (122.2 rushing yards surrendered per game).
- The Colts’ offense has been struggling on third down, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with a 33.5% third-down conversion percentage. They have been more effective on defense, giving up a 37.4% third-down rate (seventh-ranked).
- From an offensive standpoint, the Colts are compiling 5.2 yards per play (27th-ranked). They rank eighth in the NFL on the other side of the ball (5.4 yards allowed per play).
- Regarding turnover margin, the Colts are the worst team in the NFL this season. The team’s margin sits at -13, as they’ve forced 17 turnovers and committed 30.
Best Players for Colts
- Matt Ryan: 3,057 PASS YDS / 254.8 YPG / 67% / 14 TD / 13 INT
- Zack Moss: 60 CAR / 268 YDS / 24.4 YPG / 0 TD / 8 REC / 32 YDS / 2.9 YPG / 0 TD
- Deon Jackson: 57 CAR / 191 YDS / 13.6 YPG / 1 TD / 24 REC / 134 YDS / 9.6 YPG / 1 TD
- Michael Pittman Jr.: 90 REC / 854 YDS / 61 YPG / 2 TD
- Alec Pierce: 35 REC / 536 YDS / 38.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Parris Campbell: 54 REC / 529 YDS / 35.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Yannick Ngakoue: 29 TKL / 8 TFL / 9.5 SACK
- Zaire Franklin: 149 TKL / 10 TFL / 2 SACK / 4 PD
- Rodney Thomas II: 41 TKL / 3 INT / 5 PD