Table of Contents
The Western Illinois Leathernecks (8-4, 1-0 Summit) are underdogs (+7.5) for an attempt to continue a six-game win streak when they visit the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (5-8, 0-1 Summit) at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, December 29, 2022 at Frost Arena. The matchup has an over/under set at 144.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Jackrabbits vs. Leathernecks
- Game Day: Thursday, December 29, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Brookings, South Dakota
- Arena: Frost Arena
|South Dakota State||-7.5||144.5|
South Dakota State Betting Stats & Information
- South Dakota State is 3-2 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 60%).
- The Jackrabbits have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -400 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Jackrabbits have compiled a 4-7-1 record against the spread.
- The Leathernecks have a 2-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 7.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total in South Dakota State’s games this year is 4.6 fewer points than the over/under of 144.5 in this matchup.
Western Illinois Betting Stats & Info
- Western Illinois has entered the game as underdogs five times this season and won twice.
- The Leathernecks have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +305 odds on them winning this game.
- The Leathernecks have gone 5-4-0 ATS this year.
- In games they have played as at least 7.5-point underdogs this season, the Leathernecks are 2-1 against the spread.
- Western Illinois’ games this season have averaged a total of 148.9 points, 4.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
South Dakota State vs. Western Illinois Season Stat Comparison
|South Dakota State Rank||South Dakota State AVG||Western Illinois AVG||Western Illinois Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
South Dakota State Jackrabbits Leaders
- Zeke Mayo leads the Jackrabbits in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 13.6 points and 6.3 boards per game.
- South Dakota State’s best passer is Alex Arians, who averages 2.7 assists per game to go with his 7.9 PPG scoring average.
- Mayo leads the Jackrabbits in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.7 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Western Illinois Leathernecks Leaders
- Alec Rosner is at the top of the Leathernecks scoring leaderboard with 16 points per game. He also grabs three rebounds and racks up 2.8 assists per game.
- The Western Illinois leaders in rebounding and assists are Jesiah West with 6.2 rebounds per game (he also adds 11.8 points and 2.4 assists per game) and Trenton Massner with 5.8 assists per game (he also tacks on 16 points and 5.2 rebounds per game).
- Rosner is reliable from three-point range and leads the Leathernecks with 2.9 made threes per game.