Table of Contents
The BYU Cougars (11-5, 1-0 WCC) are 9.5-point favorites as they attempt to extend a six-game winning streak when they host the Portland Pilots (8-8, 0-1 WCC) on Saturday, December 31, 2022 at Marriott Center. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 149.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cougars vs. Pilots
- Game Day: Saturday, December 31, 2022
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Provo, Utah
- Arena: Marriott Center
BYU Betting Stats & Information
- BYU has compiled a 6-3 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 66.7% of those games).
- The Cougars have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -455 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Cougars have compiled a 6-7-1 record against the spread.
- The Pilots have a 1-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 9.5 points or more this season.
- The average point total in BYU’s games this season is 4.7 fewer points than the total of 149.5 in this matchup.
Portland Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Portland has been the underdog five times and won one of those games.
- The Pilots have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +328 odds on them winning this game.
- The Pilots’ ATS record is 7-7-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 9.5-point underdogs this year, the Pilots are 1-1 against the spread.
- The average total for Portland’s games this season is 2.8 more points than the point total of 149.5 in this outing.
BYU vs. Portland Season Stat Comparison
|BYU Rank||BYU AVG||Portland AVG||Portland Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
BYU Cougars Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Cougars this season is Rudi Williams, who averages 13.4 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per game.
- Fousseyni Traore leads BYU in rebounding, averaging 8.3 per game, while Dallin Hall leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.5 in each contest.
- Jaxson Robinson makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cougars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.2 per contest.
Portland Pilots Leaders
- The Pilots’ Tyler Robertson racks up enough points (14.8 per game) and assists (5.7 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Moses Wood’s stat line of 6.4 rebounds, 13.1 points and 1.9 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Portland rebounding leaderboard.
- Wood is dependable from deep and leads the Pilots with 2.2 made threes per game.