Table of Contents
The Murray State Racers (7-6, 2-1 MVC) visit the Evansville Purple Aces (4-10, 0-3 MVC) in a matchup of MVC teams at Ford Center, starting at 2:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 1, 2023. The Racers are 5-point favorites in the game. The over/under is 135 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Racers vs. Purple Aces
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Location: Evansville, Indiana
- Arena: Ford Center
Murray State Betting Stats & Information
- Murray State has put together a 5-1 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 83.3% of those games).
- The Racers have not played a game with moneyline odds of -226 or shorter.
- The Racers’ ATS record is 4-8-0 this season.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 5 points or more, the Purple Aces have a 3-6 record against the spread.
- Murray State’s average point total in outings this year is 140.1, 5.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
Evansville Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Evansville has won four out of the 13 games, or 30.8%, in which it has been the underdog.
- The Purple Aces have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +178.
- So far this year, the Purple Aces have compiled a 6-8-0 record against the spread.
- When they have played as at least 5-point underdogs this season, the Purple Aces are 3-6 against the spread.
- Evansville’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 134 points, one fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Murray State vs. Evansville Season Stat Comparison
|Murray State Rank||Murray State AVG||Evansville AVG||Evansville Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Murray State Racers Leaders
- The Racers scoring leader is Rob Perry, who averages 16 per contest to go with 4.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
- Murray State’s leading rebounder is Damiree Burns averaging 8.1 boards per game and its best passer is Jacobi Wood and his 4.7 assists per game.
- Perry leads the Racers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.2 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Evansville Purple Aces Leaders
- Kenny Strawbridge is at the top of the Purple Aces scoring leaderboard with 16.4 points per game. He also pulls down 4.1 rebounds and dishes out 2.5 assists per game.
- Yacine Toumi puts up a stat line of 5.7 rebounds, 10.7 points and 1.3 assists per game for Evansville to take the top rebound spot on the team. Marvin Coleman holds the top spot for assists with 2.9 per game, adding 7.9 points and 5.6 rebounds per outing.
- Antoine Smith Jr. knocks down 1.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Purple Aces.