Table of Contents
The South Alabama Jaguars (6-8, 0-2 Sun Belt) are at home in Sun Belt action against the Arkansas State Red Wolves (9-6, 1-1 Sun Belt) on Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET. The Jaguars are favored by 8.5 points in the game. The matchup’s over/under is set at 128.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Jaguars vs. Red Wolves
- Game Day: Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Mobile, Alabama
- Arena: Mitchell Center
South Alabama Betting Stats & Information
- South Alabama has a 4-1 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 80% of those games).
- The Jaguars have not played as a moneyline favorite of -411 or shorter.
- The Jaguars’ ATS record is 7-5-0 this season.
- The Red Wolves are a perfect 2-0 against the spread when an underdog by 8.5 points or more this year.
- The average over/under South Alabama has had in its matchups this season is 9.4 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Arkansas State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Arkansas State has been the underdog four times and won one of those games.
- The Red Wolves have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +311.
- The Red Wolves’ ATS record is 5-7-0 this year.
- In games they have played as at least 8.5-point underdogs this season, the Red Wolves are 2-0 against the spread.
- The average point total for Arkansas State this year is 5.7 points higher than this game’s over/under.
South Alabama vs. Arkansas State Season Stat Comparison
|South Alabama Rank||South Alabama AVG||Arkansas State AVG||Arkansas State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
South Alabama Jaguars Leaders
- The Jaguars leader in points and assists is Isaiah Moore, who scores 17.8 points per game along with 4.9 assists.
- Kevin Samuel leads South Alabama in rebounding, grabbing 9.3 rebounds per game while also scoring 10.9 points a contest.
- The Jaguars get the most three-point shooting production out of Owen White, who knocks down 2.2 threes per game.
Arkansas State Red Wolves Leaders
- Caleb Fields racks up 12.7 points and tacks on five assists per game, putting him at the top of the Red Wolves’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Omar El-Sheikh grabs 9.5 rebounds per game (he also scores 11.3 points per game and adds 0.5 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Arkansas State rebounding leaderboard.
- Malcolm Farrington is the top shooter from deep for the Red Wolves, hitting 2.8 threes per game.