Table of Contents
The UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (8-7, 0-3 WAC) are big, 10-point underdogs as they look to turn around a three-game losing streak when they host the Utah Valley Wolverines (12-4, 3-0 WAC) on Saturday, January 7, 2023 at UTRGV Fieldhouse. The contest airs at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 153 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Wolverines vs. Vaqueros
- Game Day: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Location: Edinburg, Texas
- Arena: UTRGV Fieldhouse
Utah Valley Betting Stats & Information
- Utah Valley has been favored on the moneyline eight times this season. They’ve finished 7-1 in those games.
- The Wolverines have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -520 or shorter.
- The Wolverines are 9-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 10-point underdogs this season, the Vaqueros are 1-3 against the spread.
- The average total Utah Valley has had set in matchups this year is 9.1 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Stats & Info
- This season, UT Rio Grande Valley has been the underdog nine times and won three of those games.
- The Vaqueros have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +410.
- The Vaqueros have a 7-5-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Vaqueros have a 1-3 record against the spread when an underdog by 10 points or more this year.
- UT Rio Grande Valley’s games this season have averaged an over/under of 161 points, eight more than the point total in this matchup.
Utah Valley vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Season Stat Comparison
|Utah Valley Rank||Utah Valley AVG||UT Rio Grande Valley AVG||UT Rio Grande Valley Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Utah Valley Wolverines Leaders
- The Wolverines scoring leader is Justin Harmon, who averages 14.8 per contest to go with 4.1 rebounds and 3.1 assists.
- Utah Valley’s leading rebounder is Aziz Bandaogo averaging 10.1 boards per game and its best passer is Trey Woodbury and his 4.3 assists per game.
- Le’Tre Darthard leads the Wolverines in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.1 shots per game from beyond the arc.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Leaders
- Justin Johnson is the top scorer for the Vaqueros with 20.1 points per game. He also adds 5.1 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game to his statistics.
- The UT Rio Grande Valley leaders in rebounding and assists are Daylen Williams with 6.1 rebounds per game (he also adds 5.1 points and 2.7 assists per game) and Will Johnston with 3.5 assists per game (he also tacks on 16.8 points and 2.8 rebounds per game).
- Johnston averages 2.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Vaqueros.