Table of Contents
The No. 11 Virginia Cavaliers (10-3, 2-2 ACC) are at home in ACC play against the Syracuse Orange (10-5, 3-1 ACC) on Saturday, January 7, 2023 at 5:00 PM ET. The Cavaliers are double-digit favorites by 11 points in the game. The over/under in the matchup is 126.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cavaliers vs. Orange
- Game Day: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Game Time: 5:00 PM ET
- Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
- Arena: John Paul Jones Arena
Virginia Betting Stats & Information
- So far this season, the Cavaliers have put together a 4-9-0 record against the spread.
- The Orange are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 11-point underdogs.
- The average total Virginia has had set in games this year is 2.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
Syracuse Betting Stats & Info
- The Orange are 7-8-0 against the spread this season.
- The Orange have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 11 points or more this year (0-1).
- The average total in Syracuse’s games this season is 17.8 more points than the point total of 126.5 in this outing.
Virginia vs. Syracuse Season Stat Comparison
|Virginia Rank||Virginia AVG||Syracuse AVG||Syracuse Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Virginia Cavaliers Leaders
- The Cavaliers leader in points and assists is Kihei Clark, who puts up 11.9 points per game to go with 5.9 assists.
- Virginia’s best rebounder is Jayden Gardner, who averages 5.5 boards per game in addition to his 11.4 PPG average.
- Armaan Franklin makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cavaliers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.9 per contest.
Syracuse Orange Leaders
- Joseph Girard III is at the top of the Orange scoring leaderboard with 16.7 points per game. He also collects 2.9 rebounds and averages 2.8 assists per game.
- Jesse Edwards puts up a stat line of 10.9 rebounds, 13.9 points and 1.1 assists per game for Syracuse to take the top rebound spot on the team. Judah Mintz has the top spot for assists with 4.2 per game, adding 15.8 points and 2.2 rebounds per contest.
- Girard knocks down 2.9 three-pointers per game, the most on the Orange.