Table of Contents
The Dallas Cowboys (12-5) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-9) clash in the NFC Wild Card round of the NFL Playoffs at Raymond James Stadium on Monday, January 16, 2023.
The Cowboys are totaling 354.9 yards per game offensively this season (11th in NFL), and they are surrendering 330.2 yards per game (12th) on the defensive side of the ball. With 346.7 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Buccaneers rank 15th in the NFL in 2022. On defense, they rank ninth, allowing 324.3 total yards per contest.
Cowboys vs. Buccaneers Picks
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Cowboys vs. Buccaneers
- Game Day: Monday, January 16, 2023
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC/ESPN
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
Before you wager on Monday’s Dallas-Tampa Bay spread (Dallas -3) or over/under (45.5 points), take a look at the betting insights and trends below.
Betting Insights for Cowboys
- The Cowboys have posted a 10-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Cowboys have a 6-5 record against the spread this season when favored by 3 points or more.
- Cowboys games have gone over the point total on nine of 17 occasions (52.9%).
Stats & Insights for Cowboys
- On offense, the Cowboys rank 11th in the NFL with 354.9 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 12th in total defense (330.2 yards allowed per contest).
- The Cowboys have been surging on both offense and defense, ranking fourth-best in scoring offense (27.5 points per game) and fifth-best in scoring defense (20.1 points allowed per game).
- The Cowboys rank 14th in pass offense (219.8 passing yards per game) and eighth in pass defense (200.9 passing yards allowed per game) this year.
- On offense, the Cowboys rank ninth in the NFL with 135.2 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 22nd in rushing yards allowed per contest (129.3).
- Offensively, the Cowboys have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by averaging a 45.5% third-down conversion rate. They rank ninth on defense (37.7% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- The Cowboys are putting up 5.6 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 15th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank seventh, surrendering 5.4 yards per play.
- The Cowboys have forced 33 total turnovers (first in NFL) this season and have turned it over 23 times (17th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +10, the second-best in the NFL.
Best Players for Cowboys
- Dak Prescott: 2,860 PASS YDS / 238.3 YPG / 66.2% / 23 TD / 15 INT / 45 CAR / 182 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Tony Pollard: 193 CAR / 1,007 YDS / 62.9 YPG / 9 TD / 39 REC / 371 YDS / 23.2 YPG / 3 TD
- Ezekiel Elliott: 231 CAR / 876 YDS / 58.4 YPG / 12 TD / 17 REC / 92 YDS / 6.1 YPG / 0 TD
- CeeDee Lamb: 107 REC / 1,359 YDS / 79.9 YPG / 9 TD
- Dalton Schultz: 57 REC / 577 YDS / 38.5 YPG / 5 TD
- Noah Brown: 43 REC / 555 YDS / 34.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Micah Parsons: 65 TKL / 14 TFL / 13.5 SACK / 3 PD
- Donovan Wilson: 99 TKL / 7 TFL / 5 SACK / 1 INT / 2 PD
- Daron Bland: 52 TKL / 1 TFL / 5 INT / 7 PD
Betting Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers are 4-12-1 against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 3 points or more this season (0-3).
- The Buccaneers have hit the over in six of their 17 games with a set total (35.3%).
Stats & Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers rank 15th with 346.7 total yards per game on offense, and they rank ninth with 324.3 total yards ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- From an offensive angle, the Buccaneers are posting 18.4 points per contest (25th-ranked). They rank 13th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (21.1 points allowed per game).
- The Buccaneers’ pass defense ranks ninth in the NFL with 203.6 passing yards surrendered per contest, but they’ve been carried by their offense, which ranks second-best by generating 269.8 passing yards per game.
- The Buccaneers’ rushing offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, posting 76.9 rushing yards per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 15th with 120.7 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- The Buccaneers are putting up a 37.4% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (21st-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing a 36.9% third-down rate (sixth-ranked) on defense.
- In terms of yards per play, the Buccaneers rank 26th in the NFL (5.2) and seventh defensively (5.4 yards allowed per play).
- The Buccaneers have a -2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 20th in the NFL.
Best Players for Buccaneers
- Tom Brady: 4,694 PASS YDS / 276.1 YPG / 66.8% / 25 TD / 9 INT
- Leonard Fournette: 189 CAR / 668 YDS / 41.8 YPG / 3 TD / 73 REC / 523 YDS / 32.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Rachaad White: 129 CAR / 481 YDS / 28.3 YPG / 1 TD / 50 REC / 290 YDS / 17.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Mike Evans: 77 REC / 1,124 YDS / 74.9 YPG / 6 TD
- Chris Godwin: 104 REC / 1,023 YDS / 68.2 YPG / 3 TD
- Vita Vea: 31 TKL / 7 TFL / 6.5 SACK
- Devin White: 124 TKL / 8 TFL / 5.5 SACK / 5 PD
- Jamel Dean: 54 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 INT / 8 PD