Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Chargers (10-7) hit the road in the playoffs against the Jacksonville Jaguars (9-8) in the AFC Wild Card round on Saturday, January 14, 2023 at TIAA Bank Field.
The Chargers are totaling 359.3 yards per game on offense this year (ninth in NFL), and they are surrendering 346.1 yards per game (20th) on the other side of the ball. In terms of total yards, the Jaguars rank 10th in the NFL (357.4 total yards per game) and 24th defensively (353.3 total yards allowed per game).
Create your NFL Pool started with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Chargers vs. Jaguars Picks
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Chargers vs. Jaguars
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
Read the betting trends and insights below before making a wager on Saturday’s Los Angeles-Jacksonville spread (Los Angeles -1.5) or total (47.5 points).
Betting Insights for Chargers
- The Chargers have posted a 11-5-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Chargers have a 6-4-1 record against the spread when favored by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in seven of the Chargers’ 17 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Chargers
- Offensively, the Chargers rank ninth in the NFL with 359.3 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 20th in total defense (346.1 yards allowed per contest).
- The Chargers are averaging 23 points per game on offense (13th in NFL), and they rank 21st on the other side of the ball with 22.6 points allowed per game.
- The Chargers own the seventh-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (200.4 allowed per game), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking third-best with 269.6 passing yards per game.
- The Chargers rank third-worst in rushing offense (89.6 rushing yards per game) and fifth-worst in rushing defense (145.8 rushing yards per game allowed) this season.
- The Chargers rank eighth in third-down efficiency (43.6%) on offense and 17th in third-down conversion rate allowed (39.2%) on defense this season.
- In addition to 6.2 yards per play allowed on defense, which ranks third-worst in the NFL, the Chargers have put up the 21st-ranked yards-per-play average on offense (5.5).
- The Chargers own the eighth-ranked turnover margin in the league at +5, forcing 24 turnovers (11th in NFL) while turning it over 19 times (fifth in NFL).
Best Players for Chargers
- Justin Herbert: 4,739 PASS YDS / 278.8 YPG / 68.2% / 25 TD / 10 INT
- Austin Ekeler: 204 CAR / 915 YDS / 53.8 YPG / 13 TD / 107 REC / 722 YDS / 42.5 YPG / 5 TD
- Joshua Kelley: 69 CAR / 287 YDS / 22.1 YPG / 2 TD / 14 REC / 101 YDS / 7.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Mike Williams: 63 REC / 895 YDS / 68.8 YPG / 4 TD
- Josh Palmer: 72 REC / 769 YDS / 48.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Keenan Allen: 66 REC / 752 YDS / 75.2 YPG / 4 TD
- Khalil Mack: 50 TKL / 12 TFL / 8 SACK / 2 PD
- Drue Tranquill: 142 TKL / 10 TFL / 5 SACK / 1 INT / 4 PD
- Bryce Callahan: 47 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Jaguars
- So far this season, the Jaguars have compiled an 8-10-0 record against the spread.
- The Jaguars have a 7-5 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in eight of the Jaguars’ 18 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Jaguars
- With 357.4 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Jaguars rank 10th in the NFL in 2022. On defense, they rank 24th, allowing 353.3 total yards per game.
- From an offensive perspective, the Jaguars are accumulating 23.8 points per game (10th-ranked). They rank 12th in the NFL defensively (20.6 points given up per game).
- The Jaguars have been struggling against the pass, ranking fifth-worst with 238.5 passing yards given up per game. They have been better offensively, posting 232.9 passing yards per contest (10th-ranked).
- From an offensive perspective, the Jaguars are putting up 124.5 rushing yards per game (14th-ranked). They rank 12th in the NFL on defense (114.8 rushing yards surrendered per game).
- The Jaguars’ defense has been a bottom-five unit on third down this season, surrendering a 43.2% third-down conversion rate, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank ninth with a 43.2% third-down rate.
- The Jaguars rank 10th in the NFL with 5.8 yards per play on offense, and they rank 13th with 5.6 yards surrendered per play on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Jaguars have recorded 27 forced turnovers (fourth in NFL) and committed 21 turnovers (eighth in NFL) this season for a +6 turnover margin that ranks sixth in the NFL.
Best Players for Jaguars
- Trevor Lawrence: 4,113 PASS YDS / 241.9 YPG / 66.3% / 25 TD / 8 INT / 62 CAR / 291 RUSH YDS / 5 TD
- Travis Etienne: 220 CAR / 1,125 YDS / 66.2 YPG / 5 TD / 35 REC / 316 YDS / 18.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Christian Kirk: 84 REC / 1,108 YDS / 65.2 YPG / 8 TD
- Zay Jones: 82 REC / 823 YDS / 51.4 YPG / 5 TD
- Evan Engram: 73 REC / 766 YDS / 45.1 YPG / 4 TD
- Josh Allen: 57 TKL / 11 TFL / 6 SACK / 2 PD
- Foyesade Oluokun: 184 TKL / 11 TFL / 2 SACK / 5 PD
- Tyson Campbell: 70 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 INT / 15 PD