Table of Contents
Sun Belt foes meet when the Appalachian State Mountaineers (9-8, 2-2 Sun Belt) host the Georgia Southern Eagles (10-7, 3-1 Sun Belt) at George M. Holmes Convocation Center, starting at 6:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 12, 2023. The Eagles are 4-point underdogs in the game. The matchup has an over/under set at 127.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mountaineers vs. Eagles
- Game Day: Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: Boone, North Carolina
- Arena: George M. Holmes Convocation Center
Appalachian State Betting Stats & Information
- Appalachian State has won three of five games when the moneyline favorite this season (60%).
- The Mountaineers have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -184 or shorter.
- The Mountaineers are 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have a 4-3 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 4 points or more this season.
- The average total Appalachian State has had set in games this season is 11.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
Georgia Southern Betting Stats & Info
- Georgia Southern has won five of the 10 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Eagles have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +151 moneyline set for this game.
- The Eagles’ ATS record is 7-8-0 this season.
- The Eagles are 4-3 against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this season.
- The average point total for Georgia Southern this year is 6.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Appalachian State vs. Georgia Southern Season Stat Comparison
|Appalachian State Rank||Appalachian State AVG||Georgia Southern AVG||Georgia Southern Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Appalachian State Mountaineers Leaders
- Tyree Boykin leads the Mountaineers in scoring, tallying 11.9 points per game to go with 2.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists.
- CJ Huntley leads Appalachian State in rebounding, averaging 6.4 per game, while Donovan Gregory leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.3 in each contest.
- Boykin leads the Mountaineers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.2 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Georgia Southern Eagles Leaders
- Andrei Savrasov is the top scorer for the Eagles with 12.8 points per game. He also tacks on 6.5 rebounds and 0.9 assists per game to his statistics.
- Carlos Curry has a stat line of 7.4 rebounds, 8.4 points and 0.2 assists per game for Georgia Southern to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jalen Finch has the top spot for assists with 3.8 per game, adding 10.5 points and 3.6 rebounds per outing.
- Tyren Moore hits 1.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Eagles.