Table of Contents
The Saint Mary’s Gaels (14-4, 3-0 WCC) are heavily favored (by 13 points) to build on a three-game home win streak when they host the Loyola Marymount Lions (12-6, 2-2 WCC) on Thursday, January 12, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 128.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Gaels vs. Lions
- Game Day: Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Moraga, California
- Arena: McKeon Pavilion
|Saint Mary’s (CA)||-13||128.5|
Saint Mary’s (CA) Betting Stats & Information
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has gone 12-3 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 80%).
- The Gaels have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -1073 or shorter.
- The Gaels are 10-6-1 ATS this season.
- The average total Saint Mary’s (CA) has had set in matchups this season is 0.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
Loyola Marymount Betting Stats & Info
- Loyola Marymount has won five of the eight games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Lions have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +633.
- The Lions are 10-7-0 against the spread this year.
- The average total in Loyola Marymount’s games this season is 16.8 more points than the point total of 128.5 in this outing.
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Loyola Marymount Season Stat Comparison
|Saint Mary’s (CA) Rank||Saint Mary’s (CA) AVG||Loyola Marymount AVG||Loyola Marymount Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Saint Mary’s Gaels Leaders
- Aidan Mahaney leads the Gaels in scoring, tallying 14.3 points per game to go with 2.6 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
- Mitchell Saxen is Saint Mary’s (CA)’s leading rebounder, pulling down 8.7 per game, while Logan Johnson is its best passer, averaging 3.7 assists in each contest.
- Alex Ducas makes more threes per game than any other member of the Gaels, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.6 per contest.
Loyola Marymount Lions Leaders
- The Lions’ Cameron Shelton racks up enough points (18 per game) and assists (4.5 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Keli Leaupepe grabs 6.7 rebounds per game (he also scores 14.4 points per game and adds 1.2 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Loyola Marymount rebounding leaderboard.
- Justin Ahrens is consistent from three-point range and leads the Lions with 1.9 made threes per game.