Table of Contents
The No. 5 Tennessee Volunteers (14-2, 4-0 SEC) are heavily favored (-12) to continue a five-game winning streak when they host the Kentucky Wildcats (10-6, 1-3 SEC) at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 14, 2023 at Thompson-Boling Arena. The over/under in the matchup is set at 132.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Volunteers vs. Wildcats
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
- Arena: Thompson-Boling Arena
Tennessee Betting Stats & Information
- Tennessee has gone 10-1 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 90.9%).
- The Volunteers have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -836 or shorter.
- The Volunteers are 9-7-0 against the spread this season.
- Tennessee’s average point total in matchups this year is 128.9, 3.6 points below the total in this game.
Kentucky Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Kentucky has been listed as the underdog in three games and failed to win any of those contests.
- The Wildcats have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +563 moneyline set for this game.
- The Wildcats have gone 4-12-0 ATS this year.
- Kentucky’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 143.8 points, 11.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Tennessee vs. Kentucky Season Stat Comparison
|Tennessee Rank||Tennessee AVG||Kentucky AVG||Kentucky Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Tennessee Volunteers Leaders
- The Volunteers scoring leader is Santiago Vescovi, who averages 12.9 per contest to go with 4.3 rebounds and 3.4 assists.
- Julian Phillips is Tennessee’s leading rebounder, pulling down 5.4 per game, while Zakai Zeigler is its best passer, distributing 4.4 assists in each contest.
- Vescovi makes more threes per game than any other member of the Volunteers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.8 per contest.
Kentucky Wildcats Leaders
- Oscar Tshiebwe records 16 points and 13.1 rebounds per game for the Wildcats, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Kentucky’s assist leader is Sahvir Wheeler with 6.3 per game. He also scores 9.5 points per game and adds 2.6 rebounds per game.
- Antonio Reeves is the top shooter from distance for the Wildcats, hitting 2.3 threes per game.