Table of Contents
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (9-8, 1-5 ACC) are underdogs (by 6.5 points) to break a five-game road losing streak when they visit the Syracuse Orange (11-6, 4-2 ACC) on Saturday, January 14, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 140.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orange vs. Fighting Irish
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Syracuse, New York
- Arena: JMA Wireless Dome
Syracuse Betting Stats & Information
- Syracuse has a 9-3 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 75% of those games).
- The Orange have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -278 or shorter.
- The Orange are 9-8-0 ATS this season.
- The Fighting Irish are 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this season.
- The average total in Syracuse’s games this season is four more points than the total of 140.5 in this game.
Notre Dame Betting Stats & Info
- Notre Dame has been underdogs in four games this season and won one (25%) of those contests.
- The Fighting Irish have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +230 odds on them winning this game.
- The Fighting Irish have only covered the spread twice in 17 opportunities this season.
- The Fighting Irish have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 6.5 points or more this year (0-1).
- The average point total for Notre Dame this season is 1.5 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Syracuse vs. Notre Dame Season Stat Comparison
|Syracuse Rank||Syracuse AVG||Notre Dame AVG||Notre Dame Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Syracuse Orange Leaders
- The Orange scoring leader is Joseph Girard III, who averages 17.2 per contest to go with 2.8 rebounds and 2.8 assists.
- Jesse Edwards is Syracuse’s leading rebounder, grabbing 10.7 per game, while Judah Mintz is its best passer, averaging 4.1 assists in each contest.
- Girard makes more threes per game than any other member of the Orange, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.1 per contest.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Leaders
- The Fighting Irish’s leader in scoring and rebounding is Nate Laszewski with 13.6 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
- Trey Wertz’s assist statline paces Notre Dame; he records 3.4 assists per game.
- Cormac Ryan is reliable from deep and leads the Fighting Irish with 1.9 made threes per game.