Table of Contents
The Cleveland Cavaliers (27-17) face the New Orleans Pelicans (26-17) as 6.5-point favorites on Monday, January 16, 2023 at 3:00 PM ET on BSOH and BSNO. The point total is 222.5 in the matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. NBA pools are back! Hit your own 3 pointer with RunYourPool today.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cavaliers vs. Pelicans
- Game Day: Monday, January 16, 2023
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSOH and BSNO
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Arena: Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
Cavaliers Betting Stats & Information
- The Cavaliers have won 68.6% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (24-11).
- Cleveland has a record of 8-1 when playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -268 or shorter (winning 88.9%).
- The Cavaliers’ ATS record is 22-21-1 this season.
- The Cavaliers are 6-3-1 against the spread when favored by 6.5 points or more this season.
- The average total Cleveland has had set in matchups this year is four fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Cavaliers games have gone over the point total in 21 out of 43 opportunities (48.8%).
New Orleans Betting Stats & Info
- The Pelicans have won eight, or 44.4%, of the 18 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- New Orleans has not won as an underdog of +217 or more on the moneyline this season in three games with those odds or longer.
- The Pelicans have covered the spread in a matchup 22 times this year (22-21-0).
- The Pelicans have yet to cover a spread when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs (0-4).
- The average over/under for New Orleans’ games this year is 8.1 more points than the point total of 222.5 in this outing.
- Pelicans games have gone over the total 25 times this season.
Cavaliers vs. Pelicans Season Stat Comparison
|Cavaliers Rank||Cavaliers AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Cleveland Cavaliers Leaders
- Donovan Mitchell leads active Cavaliers players in scoring, tallying 28.8 points per game to go with 3.9 rebounds and 4.9 assists.
- Darius Garland is averaging 21.2 points, 7.7 assists and 2.7 rebounds a game, while Evan Mobley adds 14.4 points, 2.7 assists and 8.8 rebounds per contest.
- Mitchell makes more threes per game than any other (active) member of the Cavaliers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.8 per contest.
New Orleans Pelicans Leaders
- CJ McCollum averages 21.2 points per game. He also grabs 4.7 rebounds and dishes out 5.9 assists per game.
- Jonas Valanciunas records 14.5 points, 9.7 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game.
- McCollum is the most prolific from distance for the Pelicans (among active players), hitting three threes per game.