Table of Contents
The Alabama State Hornets (6-13, 4-2 SWAC) are slight underdogs (by 3 points) to continue a four-game home winning streak when they host the Texas Southern Tigers (6-14, 2-5 SWAC) on Monday, January 23, 2023 at 8:30 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 139.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Hornets
- Game Day: Monday, January 23, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Location: Montgomery, Alabama
- Arena: Dunn-Oliver Acadome
Texas Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Texas Southern has won three of nine games when the moneyline favorite this season (33.3%).
- The Tigers have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -160 or shorter.
- The Tigers have gone 5-13-0 ATS this season.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 3 points or more, the Hornets have a 9-6 record against the spread.
- The average over/under Texas Southern has had set in matchups this year is 3.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
Alabama State Betting Stats & Info
- Alabama State has entered the game as underdogs 14 times this season and won twice.
- The Hornets have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +131.
- The Hornets have gone 12-7-0 ATS this season.
- The Hornets have a 9-6 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 3 points or more.
- The average over/under for Alabama State’s games this season is 1.7 more points than the point total of 139 for this outing.
Texas Southern vs. Alabama State Season Stat Comparison
|Texas Southern Rank||Texas Southern AVG||Alabama State AVG||Alabama State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Texas Southern Tigers Leaders
- Davon Barnes leads the Tigers in points and assists per game, scoring 15.7 points and distributing 2.3 assists.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas is Texas Southern’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 8.9 boards in each contest while scoring 11.5 points per game.
- Barnes leads the Tigers in three-point shooting, making an average of 0.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Alabama State Hornets Leaders
- Isaiah Range is at the top of the Hornets scoring leaderboard with 14.2 points per game. He also grabs 3.7 rebounds and racks up 1.2 assists per game.
- The Alabama State leaders in rebounding and assists are Jordan O’Neal with 7.5 rebounds per game (he also adds 7 points and 0.3 assists per game) and Antonio Madlock with 3.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 11.4 points and six rebounds per game).
- Range is consistent from deep and leads the Hornets with 2.4 made threes per game.