Table of Contents
The Butler Bulldogs (11-10, 3-7 Big East) visit the No. 23 Providence Friars (15-5, 7-2 Big East) after losing three road games in a row. The Friars are favored by 9.5 points in the matchup, which begins at 8:30 PM ET on Wednesday, January 25, 2023. The matchup has an over/under of 139.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Friars vs. Bulldogs
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Location: Providence, Rhode Island
- Arena: Amica Mutual Pavilion
Providence Betting Stats & Information
- Providence has been listed as the moneyline favorite a total of 11 times this season, and it has won each of those games.
- The Friars have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -494 or shorter.
- The Friars’ ATS record is 12-8-0 this season.
- The Bulldogs have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 9.5 points or more this season (0-1).
- The average over/under Providence has had in its games this season is 8.2 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Butler Betting Stats & Info
- Butler has won one of the 10 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Bulldogs have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +369 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this year, the Bulldogs have put together a 9-11-1 record against the spread.
- The Bulldogs are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- The average over/under for Butler’s games this season is 3.6 fewer points than the point total of 139.5 in this outing.
Providence vs. Butler Season Stat Comparison
|Providence Rank||Providence AVG||Butler AVG||Butler Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Providence Friars Leaders
- Bryce Hopkins leads the Friars in scoring and rebounding, putting up 16.6 points and 9.3 boards per game.
- Jared Bynum is Providence’s best passer, dispensing 4.4 assists per game while scoring 9.1 PPG.
- The Friars get the most three-point shooting production out of Noah Locke, who knocks down 2.3 threes per game.
Butler Bulldogs Leaders
- The Bulldogs’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Manny Bates with 12.6 points and 5.9 rebounds per game.
- Simas Lukosius’ assist statline leads Butler; he dishes out 2.9 assists per game.
- Lukosius averages 1.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bulldogs.