Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Eagles (14-3) and San Francisco 49ers (13-4) hit the field in the NFC Championship game of the NFL Playoffs at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday, January 29, 2023.
The Eagles have been firing on all cylinders this year, as they rank third-best in total offense (389.1 yards per game) and second-best in total defense (301.4 yards allowed per game). The 49ers have been a top-five unit on both offense and defense this season, as they rank fifth-best in total yards per game (365.6) and best in total yards allowed per game (300.6).
Create your NFL Pool started with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Eagles vs. 49ers Picks
Right now, 62.7% of BetterPool users are picking the Eagles to win and 55.8% expect them to cover the 2.5-point spread as well against the 49ers on Sunday.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Eagles vs. 49ers
- Game Day: Sunday, January 29, 2023
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
To help you make an informed wager on Philadelphia-San Francisco matchup (in which Philadelphia is a 2.5-point favorite and the over/under is set at 46 points), here are some betting insights and trends for Sunday’s game.
Betting Insights for Eagles
- The Eagles compiled an 8-9-0 record against the spread in the regular season, and their record in the playoffs is 1-0-0.
- The Eagles have covered the spread nine times this season (9-8 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites (regular season and playoffs).
- Eagles games hit the over 10 out of 17 times in the regular season, and zero of one in the postseason.
Stats & Insights for Eagles
- The Eagles have been clicking on all fronts this year, as they rank third-best in total offense (389.1 yards per game) and second-best in total defense (301.4 yards allowed per game).
- The Eagles rank seventh in scoring defense this year (20.2 points allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the offensive side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 28.1 points per game.
- The Eagles have the ninth-ranked offense this season in terms of passing yards (241.5 passing yards per game), and they’ve been more effective on defense, ranking best with only 179.7 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Eagles own the 16th-ranked defense this year in terms of rushing yards (121.6 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking fifth-best with 147.6 rushing yards per game.
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fourth-best in the NFL by averaging a 45.9% third-down conversion rate. They rank 14th on defense (38.6% third-down percentage allowed).
- The Eagles have been clicking on all fronts in terms of yards per play this year, as they rank fourth-best in offensive yards per play (6.1) and second-best in yards per play allowed on defense (5.2).
- The Eagles have the third-best turnover margin in the league at +7, forcing 26 turnovers (seventh in NFL) while turning it over 19 times (fifth in NFL).
Best Players for Eagles
- Jalen Hurts: 3,701 PASS YDS / 246.7 YPG / 66.5% / 22 TD / 6 INT / 165 CAR / 760 RUSH YDS / 13 TD
- Miles Sanders: 259 CAR / 1,269 YDS / 74.6 YPG / 11 TD / 20 REC / 78 YDS / 4.6 YPG / 0 TD
- A.J. Brown: 88 REC / 1,496 YDS / 88 YPG / 11 TD
- DeVonta Smith: 95 REC / 1,196 YDS / 70.4 YPG / 7 TD
- Dallas Goedert: 55 REC / 702 YDS / 58.5 YPG / 3 TD
- Haason Reddick: 49 TKL / 11 TFL / 16 SACK / 3 PD
- T.J. Edwards: 160 TKL / 10 TFL / 2 SACK / 7 PD
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson: 67 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 6 INT / 8 PD
Betting Insights for 49ers
- The 49ers won 11 games against the spread in the regular season, while failing to cover six times. In the postseason, they have an ATS record of 2-0-0.
- The 49ers and their opponent combined to go over the point total nine out of 17 times in the regular season. As for the postseason, one of two games have eclipsed the over.
Stats & Insights for 49ers
- Things have been going well for the 49ers on both sides of the ball, as they are putting up 365.6 total yards per game (fifth-best) and surrendering only 300.6 total yards per game (best).
- The 49ers’ defensive unit has been leading the way for the team, as they rank best in the NFL with 16.3 points allowed per game. In terms of offense, they are posting 26.5 points per game, which ranks sixth.
- The 49ers are accumulating 226.8 passing yards per contest on offense this season (13th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 222.9 passing yards per game (20th-ranked) on defense.
- The 49ers rank eighth in the NFL with 138.8 rushing yards per game, but they’ve been carried by their defense, which ranks second-best by allowing just 77.7 rushing yards per game.
- The 49ers are putting up a 45% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (sixth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering a 39% third-down rate (16th-ranked) on defense.
- In terms of yards per play, the 49ers have dominated on both sides of the ball this season — fourth-best in yards per play (6.1) and fourth-best in yards surrendered per play (5.3).
- Regarding turnover margin, the 49ers are the best in the NFL this season. The team’s margin checks in at +13, as they’ve forced 30 turnovers and committed 17.
Best Players for 49ers
- Jimmy Garoppolo: 2,437 PASS YDS / 221.5 YPG / 67.2% / 16 TD / 4 INT
- Christian McCaffrey: 244 CAR / 1,139 YDS / 67 YPG / 8 TD / 85 REC / 741 YDS / 43.6 YPG / 5 TD
- Elijah Mitchell: 45 CAR / 279 YDS / 55.8 YPG / 2 TD / 3 REC / 7 YDS / 1.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Brandon Aiyuk: 78 REC / 1,015 YDS / 59.7 YPG / 8 TD
- George Kittle: 60 REC / 765 YDS / 51 YPG / 11 TD
- Nick Bosa: 50 TKL / 19 TFL / 18.5 SACK / 1 PD
- Fred Warner: 130 TKL / 3 TFL / 2 SACK / 1 INT / 10 PD
- Tashaun Gipson: 61 TKL / 1 TFL / 0.5 SACK / 5 INT / 8 PD