Table of Contents
The Cincinnati Bengals (12-4) meet the Kansas City Chiefs (14-3) in the AFC Championship game of the playoffs on Sunday, January 29, 2023 at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.
The Bengals are totaling 360.5 yards per game on offense, which ranks them eighth in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 16th, allowing 335.7 yards per game. The Chiefs’ offensive attack has been paving the way for the team, as they rank best in the NFL with 29.2 points per contest. In terms of defense, they are surrendering 21.7 points per game, which ranks 16th.
Create your NFL Pool started with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Bengals vs. Chiefs Picks
BetterPool users think the Bengals will win straight up and also cover against the Chiefs, with 70.0% of users picking them to win and 69.6% picking them to cover the 1.5-point spread on Sunday.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Bengals vs. Chiefs
- Game Day: Sunday, January 29, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium
Take a look at some betting insights for Cincinnati (-1.5) versus Kansas City on Sunday. The total is set at 47.5 points for this game.
Betting Insights for Bengals
- The Bengals covered 12 times in 16 games with a spread in the regular season, and in the playoffs they are 1-1-0 ATS.
- The Bengals are 9-5 ATS this season (regular season and playoffs) when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- During the regular season, six of the Bengals’ games went over the point total, and one of two in the playoffs.
Stats & Insights for Bengals
- The Bengals are totaling 360.5 yards per game on offense (eighth in NFL), and they rank 16th defensively with 335.7 yards allowed per game.
- The Bengals rank seventh in points scored this season (26.1 points per game), but they’ve been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 20.1 points allowed per game.
- Offensively, the Bengals have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by totaling 265 per game. They rank 23rd on defense (229.1 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Bengals rank fourth-worst in rushing offense (95.5 rushing yards per game), but they’ve played better on defense, ranking seventh with 106.6 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Offensively, the Bengals have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking third-best in the NFL by averaging a 46.1% third-down conversion rate. They rank 20th on defense (39.6% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- The Bengals rank 12th in offensive yards per play (5.7) and 13th in yards per play allowed (5.6) this season.
- The Bengals own the sixth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at +6, forcing 24 turnovers (11th in NFL) while turning it over 18 times (fourth in NFL).
Best Players for Bengals
- Joe Burrow: 4,475 PASS YDS / 279.7 YPG / 68.3% / 35 TD / 12 INT / 75 CAR / 257 RUSH YDS / 5 TD
- Joe Mixon: 210 CAR / 814 YDS / 58.1 YPG / 7 TD / 60 REC / 441 YDS / 31.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Samaje Perine: 95 CAR / 394 YDS / 24.6 YPG / 2 TD / 38 REC / 287 YDS / 17.9 YPG / 4 TD
- Ja’Marr Chase: 87 REC / 1,046 YDS / 87.2 YPG / 9 TD
- Tee Higgins: 74 REC / 1,029 YDS / 64.3 YPG / 7 TD
- Tyler Boyd: 58 REC / 762 YDS / 47.6 YPG / 5 TD
- Trey Hendrickson: 32 TKL / 6 TFL / 8 SACK / 3 PD
- Logan Wilson: 123 TKL / 3 TFL / 2.5 SACK / 1 INT / 4 PD
- Vonn Bell: 77 TKL / 4 TFL / 1 SACK / 4 INT / 8 PD
Betting Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs went 7-10-0 ATS in the regular season. Meanwhile, the team has a 0-1-0 against the spread in the playoffs.
- The Chiefs have covered the spread once when an underdog by 1.5 points or more in the regular season and playoffs (in two opportunities).
- During the regular season, eight Chiefs games hit the over. Their games have eclipsed the total in zero of one playoff opportunities.
Stats & Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs’ defense ranks 11th in the NFL with 328.2 total yards allowed per contest, but they’ve been led by their offense, which ranks best by posting 413.6 total yards per game.
- The Chiefs’ offensive attack has been paving the way for the team, as they rank best in the NFL with 29.2 points per game. In terms of defense, they are surrendering 21.7 points per game, which ranks 16th.
- The Chiefs’ pass defense ranks 18th in the NFL with 220.9 passing yards given up per game, but they’ve been lifted up by their offense, which ranks best by racking up 297.8 passing yards per game.
- In terms of rushing, the Chiefs rank 20th in the NFL on offense (115.9 rushing yards per game) and eighth on defense (107.2 rushing yards allowed per game).
- The Chiefs’ third-down offense has been dominant, producing a 48.7% third-down conversion percentage (second-best) this season. On defense, they rank 13th by allowing a 38.3% third-down rate.
- The Chiefs’ offense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank best in the NFL with 6.6 yards per play. In terms of defense, they are surrendering 5.5 yards per play, which ranks 11th.
- With 20 forced turnovers (20th in NFL) and 23 turnovers committed (17th in NFL) this season, the Chiefs rank 22nd in the NFL with a turnover margin of -3.
Best Players for Chiefs
- Patrick Mahomes II: 5,250 PASS YDS / 308.8 YPG / 67.1% / 41 TD / 12 INT / 61 CAR / 358 RUSH YDS / 4 TD
- Isiah Pacheco: 170 CAR / 830 YDS / 48.8 YPG / 5 TD / 13 REC / 130 YDS / 7.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Travis Kelce: 110 REC / 1,338 YDS / 78.7 YPG / 12 TD
- JuJu Smith-Schuster: 78 REC / 933 YDS / 58.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 42 REC / 687 YDS / 40.4 YPG / 2 TD
- Chris Jones: 44 TKL / 17 TFL / 15.5 SACK / 4 PD
- Nick Bolton: 180 TKL / 9 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 INT / 3 PD
- L’Jarius Sneed: 108 TKL / 5 TFL / 3.5 SACK / 3 INT / 11 PD