Table of Contents
The Northern Illinois Huskies (8-12, 4-3 MAC) are underdogs (+3.5) in their attempt to extend a three-game win streak when they host the Ball State Cardinals (13-7, 4-3 MAC) at 4:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 28, 2023 at NIU Convocation Center. The matchup has an over/under of 144.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Huskies
- Game Day: Saturday, January 28, 2023
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- Location: DeKalb, Illinois
- Arena: NIU Convocation Center
Ball State Betting Stats & Information
- Ball State has put together a 9-2 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 81.8% of those games).
- The Cardinals have not played a game with moneyline odds of -171 or shorter.
- The Cardinals are 9-9-0 against the spread this season.
- The Huskies have a 7-6 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 3.5 points or more.
- The average total Ball State has had set in games this year is 0.4 more points than this outing’s point total.
Northern Illinois Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Northern Illinois has been the underdog 13 times and won four, or 30.8%, of those games.
- The Huskies have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +139.
- The Huskies have a 10-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 3.5 points or more, the Huskies have a 7-6 record against the spread.
- The average point total for Northern Illinois this year is 1.7 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Ball State vs. Northern Illinois Season Stat Comparison
|Ball State Rank||Ball State AVG||Northern Illinois AVG||Northern Illinois Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Ball State Cardinals Leaders
- Jarron Coleman leads the Cardinals in points and assists per game, scoring 14.8 points and distributing 3.4 assists.
- Payton Sparks leads Ball State in rebounding, pulling down 7.6 boards per game while also scoring 12.6 points a contest.
- Coleman makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cardinals, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.4 per contest.
Northern Illinois Huskies Leaders
- Keshawn Williams is the top scorer for the Huskies with 17.9 points per game. He also tacks on 4.7 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game to his stats.
- Zarigue Nutter has a stat line of 5.1 rebounds, 11.2 points and 0.7 assists per game for Northern Illinois to take the top rebound spot on the team. Kaleb Thornton holds the top spot for assists with 3.9 per game, adding 6.8 points and 2.4 rebounds per matchup.
- David Coit is the top shooter from distance for the Huskies, hitting 2.7 threes per game.