Table of Contents
The No. 22 Saint Mary’s Gaels (18-4, 7-0 WCC) visit the BYU Cougars (14-9, 4-4 WCC) after winning four straight road games. The Gaels are favored by 6 points in the contest, which begins at 10:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 28, 2023. The over/under is set at 129.5 for the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Gaels vs. Cougars
- Game Day: Saturday, January 28, 2023
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Location: Provo, Utah
- Arena: Marriott Center
|Saint Mary’s (CA)||-6||129.5|
Saint Mary’s (CA) Betting Stats & Information
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has been the moneyline favorite 19 times this season. They’ve gone 16-3 in those games.
- The Gaels have not played as a moneyline favorite of -275 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Gaels have put together a 14-6-1 record against the spread.
- When they have played as at least 6-point underdogs this year, the Cougars are 3-0 against the spread.
- The average point total for Saint Mary’s (CA)’s games this season is 0.2 fewer points than the total of 129.5 in this matchup.
BYU Betting Stats & Info
- BYU has entered the game as underdogs nine times this season and won three of those games.
- The Cougars have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +218 odds on them winning this game.
- The Cougars’ ATS record is 9-11-1 this year.
- The Cougars are a perfect 3-0 against the spread when an underdog by 6 points or more this year.
- The average total for BYU’s games this year is 14.8 more points than the point total of 129.5 for this outing.
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. BYU Season Stat Comparison
|Saint Mary’s (CA) Rank||Saint Mary’s (CA) AVG||BYU AVG||BYU Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Saint Mary’s Gaels Leaders
- Aidan Mahaney leads the Gaels in scoring, tallying 15 points per game to go with 2.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Saint Mary’s (CA)’s leading rebounder is Mitchell Saxen averaging 8.1 boards per game and its best passer is Logan Johnson and his 3.9 assists per game.
- Alex Ducas leads the Gaels in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
BYU Cougars Leaders
- Rudi Williams is the top scorer for the Cougars with 12.8 points per game. He also adds 2.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game to his stats.
- Fousseyni Traore has a stat line of 7.8 rebounds, 12.4 points and 1.3 assists per game for BYU to take the top rebound spot on the team. Dallin Hall holds the top spot for assists with 3.3 per game, adding 6.9 points and two rebounds per matchup.
- Jaxson Robinson is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Cougars, hitting 2.1 threes per game.