Table of Contents
The South Carolina State Bulldogs (3-18, 0-5 MEAC) visit the Norfolk State Spartans (13-7, 3-2 MEAC) after losing eight road games in a row. The Spartans are heavy favorites by 14.5 points in the contest, which tips at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 28, 2023. The point total is 149.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Spartans vs. Bulldogs
- Game Day: Saturday, January 28, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Location: Norfolk, Virginia
- Arena: Joseph G. Echols Memorial Hall
Norfolk State Betting Stats & Information
- Norfolk State has won eight of 10 games when the moneyline favorite this season (80%).
- The Spartans have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -1250 or shorter.
- The Spartans’ ATS record is 7-8-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 14.5-point underdogs this season, the Bulldogs are 4-5 against the spread.
- The average point total for Norfolk State’s games this year is 4.9 fewer points than the total of 149.5 in this matchup.
South Carolina State Betting Stats & Info
- South Carolina State has entered the game as underdogs 15 times this season and won twice.
- The Bulldogs have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +675 odds on them winning this game.
- The Bulldogs have gone 8-12-0 ATS this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 14.5 points or more, the Bulldogs have a 4-5 record against the spread.
- The average point total for South Carolina State this year is 10.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Norfolk State vs. South Carolina State Season Stat Comparison
|Norfolk State Rank||Norfolk State AVG||South Carolina State AVG||South Carolina State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Norfolk State Spartans Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Spartans is Joe Bryant Jr., who scores 16.6 points and dishes out 3.9 assists per game.
- Norfolk State’s best rebounder is Kris Bankston, who averages 7.3 boards per game in addition to his 14.3 PPG average.
- The Spartans get the most three-point shooting production out of Bryant, who makes 2.1 threes per game.
South Carolina State Bulldogs Leaders
- The Bulldogs’ Rakeim Gary averages enough points (11.9 per game) and assists (three per game) to sit atop the squad’s leaderboards.
- Davion Everett grabs six rebounds per game (he also scores 6.5 points per game and adds 0.9 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the South Carolina State rebounding leaderboard.
- Gary is consistent from distance and leads the Bulldogs with 1.7 made threes per game.