Table of Contents
The Southern Jaguars (13-12, 9-3 SWAC) are 6-point favorites as they look to build on an eight-game home win streak when they take on the Texas Southern Tigers (8-17, 4-8 SWAC) on Monday, February 13, 2023 at F. G. Clark Center. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on HBCUGo. The over/under in the matchup is 142.
How do I watch Jaguars vs. Tigers?
- Game Day: Monday, February 13, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: HBCUGo
- Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Arena: F. G. Clark Center
Betting Lines for Jaguars vs. Tigers
Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Southern has won eight of 13 games when favored on the moneyline this season (61.5%).
- The Jaguars have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -277 or shorter.
- The Jaguars have a 16-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 6 points or more, the Tigers have a 4-4 record against the spread.
- Southern’s average total in matchups this year has been 147.1, 5.1 points higher than the over/under in this particular game.
Texas Southern Betting Stats & Info
- Texas Southern has won one of the nine games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Tigers have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +227.
- So far this season, the Tigers have compiled a 6-17-0 record against the spread.
- The Tigers have a 4-4 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 6 points or more.
- The average point total for Texas Southern this year is 0.4 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Southern vs. Texas Southern Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Rank||Southern AVG||Texas Southern AVG||Texas Southern Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Jaguars Leaders
- The Jaguars scoring leader is Brion Whitley, who averages 12.3 per contest to go with 3.0 rebounds and 1.0 assist.
- Tyrone Lyons leads Southern in rebounding, averaging 4.0 per game, while P.J. Byrd leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 5.8 in each contest.
- Whitley makes more threes per game than any other member of the Jaguars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.4 per contest.
Texas Southern Tigers Leaders
- Davon Barnes is at the top of the Tigers scoring leaderboard with 14.5 points per game. He also pulls down 4.4 rebounds and dishes out 2.0 assists per game.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas has a stat line of 8.6 rebounds, 11.0 points and 1.4 assists per game for Texas Southern to take the top rebound spot on the team. PJ Henry holds the top spot for assists with 2.1 per game, adding 9.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per contest.
- Henry is the top scorer from deep for the Tigers, hitting 1.6 threes per game.