Table of Contents
The No. 2 seed Marquette Golden Eagles (29-6) and the No. 7 seed Michigan State Spartans (20-12) play in the NCAA Tournament with a trip to the Sweet 16 of the East Region bracket on the line on Sunday at Nationwide Arena, tipping off at 5:15 PM. Marquette is a 2.5-point favorite in the Round of 32 matchup, which airs on CBS.
Wanna make every game this tourney more action-packed? Run your brackets at RunYourPool, the Internet’s #1 March Madness software!
Start here >
How do I watch Golden Eagles vs. Spartans?
- Game Day: Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Game Time: 5:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Arena: Nationwide Arena
Betting Lines for Golden Eagles vs. Spartans
Marquette Betting Stats & Information
- Marquette has been the moneyline favorite 26 times this season. They’ve gone 24-2 in those games.
- When they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -147 or shorter, the Golden Eagles have gone 21-1 (95.5% winning percentage).
- So far this season, the Golden Eagles have put together a 23-12-0 record against the spread.
- The Spartans have a 5-6 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 2.5 points or more this season.
- The average total Marquette has had in its games this season is 10.2 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Michigan State Betting Stats & Info
- Michigan State has won three, or 27.3%, of the 11 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Spartans have a record of 3-7 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least +125 on the moneyline.
- So far this year, the Spartans have put together a 16-16-0 record against the spread.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 2.5 points or more, the Spartans have a 5-6 record against the spread.
- The average over/under in Michigan State’s games this year is 2.5 fewer points than the point total of 140 in this outing.
Marquette vs. Michigan State Season Stat Comparison
|Marquette Rank||Marquette AVG||Michigan State AVG||Michigan State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Marquette Golden Eagles Leaders
- Kam Jones leads the Golden Eagles in scoring, tallying 15.1 points per game to go with 3.5 rebounds and 2 assists.
- Marquette’s leading rebounder is Oso Ighodaro averaging 5.9 boards per game and its best passer is Tyler Kolek and his 7.5 assists per game.
- The Golden Eagles get the most three-point shooting production out of Jones, who knocks down 2.7 threes per game.
Michigan State Spartans Leaders
- Tyson Walker is at the top of the Spartans scoring leaderboard with 14.5 points per game. He also pulls down 2.5 rebounds and racks up 2.8 assists per game.
- The Michigan State leaders in rebounding and assists are Joey Hauser with seven rebounds per game (he also adds 14.3 points and 1.9 assists per game) and A.J Hoggard with six assists per game (he also tacks on 12.5 points and 3.8 rebounds per game).
- Hauser is reliable from three-point range and leads the Spartans with 2.3 made threes per game.
Check out all March Madness favorites, schedule, and results here on The Poolside Post!