Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins are favored (-145) on the road against the Kansas City Royals (+124) to begin the MLB season at Kauffman Stadium on Thursday. The game starts at 4:10 PM ET. Pablo Lopez starts for Minnesota while Kansas City will counter with Zack Greinke.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Royals
- Game Day: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSKC
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins ranked 13th in baseball with 178 home runs last season. They averaged 1.1 per game.
- Minnesota’s .248 batting average ranked 11th in the majors.
- Last season the Twins scored the 17th-most runs in baseball (696 total, 4.3 per game).
- The team’s 8.4 strikeouts per game ranked 12th in MLB.
- The Twins hit 89 homers on the road last season (1.1 per game).
- Minnesota averaged 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .390 on the road.
- The team batted .240 with 669 hits (8.3 per game) on the road last season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa collected 152 hits, posted an OBP of .366 and a .467 SLG last season.
- Kyle Farmer slashed .253/.313/.384 and finished with an OPS of .697.
- Jose Miranda ended his last campaign with 119 hits, an OBP of .325, plus a slugging percentage of .426.
- Max Kepler slashed .227/.318/.348 and finished with an OPS of .666.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals ranked 26th in Major League Baseball with just 138 home runs as a team.
- Kansas City’s .244 batting average ranked 14th in the majors last season.
- The Royals ranked 24th in the majors with 640 total runs scored last season.
- Kansas City ranked eighth in MLB in strikeouts per game at 7.9 whiffs per contest.
- In 81 games at home last season, they hit 65 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- Kansas City had a team slugging percentage of .399 in home games last season with 222 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 8.5 base hits per game and hit .259 as a team at home last season.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. had a slugging percentage of .428 with 150 hits a season ago.
- Salvador Perez hit .254 with 23 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 18 walks.
- MJ Melendez had a .313 on-base percentage while batting .217 last season.
- Hunter Dozier hit .236 with 26 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 34 walks.
Twins vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Pablo Lopez (MIN)||Pitcher||Zack Greinke (KC)|
|10 – 10||W/L||4 – 9|
Twins vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Twins: Jorge Polanco: 10 Day IL (Knee), Alex Kirilloff: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Royce Lewis: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Royals: Angel Zerpa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)