Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians are road underdogs (+100) against the Seattle Mariners (-120) in the first game of the MLB season at T-Mobile Park on Thursday. The matchup begins at 10:10 PM ET. Seattle’s Luis Castillo gets the start against Cleveland’s Shane Bieber.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners ranked ninth-best in baseball last season with 197 total home runs.
- Seattle’s .230 batting average ranked 26th in MLB.
- Last season the Mariners were the 18th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.3 runs per game (690 total).
- The team’s 8.6 strikeouts per game ranked 20th in the majors.
- The Mariners hit 97 homers at home last season (1.2 per game).
- Seattle averaged 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .382 at home.
- The club batted .224 with 583 hits (7.2 per game) at home last season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Julio Rodriguez had 144 hits and an OBP of .343 last season.
- Ty France hit 20 homers while driving in 84 runs.
- Eugenio Suarez ended his last campaign with 128 hits, an OBP of .332, plus a slugging percentage of .459.
- Teoscar Hernandez slashed .267/.316/.491 and finished with an OPS of .807.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 127 home runs ranked second-to-last in MLB last season.
- Cleveland’s .253 batting average was among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- The Guardians scored the 15th-most runs in the league last season with 698 (4.3 per game).
- No team had fewer strikeouts last season than Cleveland, who struck out only 6.9 times per game.
- They hit 77 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- Cleveland slugged .398 in 81 road games last season.
- They averaged 9.0 base hits per game and had a .255 batting average on the road last season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez had 167 hits and a batting average of .278 a season ago.
- Steven Kwan had a .373 on-base percentage and batted .298.
- Josh Bell had 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 81 walks while batting .266 last season.
- Amed Rosario had a .403 slugging percentage while batting .283.
Mariners vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Luis Castillo (SEA)||Pitcher||Shane Bieber (CLE)|
|8 – 6||W/L||13 – 8|
Mariners vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Mariners: None
- Guardians: None