Table of Contents
The Cincinnati Reds take the field as home favorites (-140) in the first game of the season against the Pittsburgh Pirates (+119) at Great American Ball Park on Thursday at 4:10 PM ET. Hunter Greene takes the mound first for Cincinnati, and Mitch Keller is Pittsburgh’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Reds vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: BSOH
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds averaged 1.0 home run per game to rank 19th in MLB action with 156 total home runs last season.
- Cincinnati had the 21st-ranked batting average in the big leagues (.235).
- Last season the Reds had the No. 23 offense in MLB play scoring 4.0 runs per game (648 total runs).
- The team struck out 8.8 times per game, the No. 23 average in baseball.
- The Reds averaged 1.1 homers per home game last season (89 total at home).
- Cincinnati had a .397 slugging percentage and averaged 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averaged 8.1 hits per game and batted .246 at home last season.
Reds Key Batters
- Last season, Jonathan India finished with a slugging percentage of .376, fueled by 28 extra-base hits.
- Nick Senzel slashed .231/.296/.306 and finished with an OPS of .601.
- Last season, TJ Friedl finished with eight home runs, 25 RBI and a batting average of .240 last season.
- Kevin Newman slashed .274/.316/.372 and finished with an OPS of .687.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates ranked 18th in Major League Baseball with 158 home runs.
- Pittsburgh had a team batting average of just .222 last season, which ranked 29th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates scored 591 runs (just 3.6 per game) last season, which ranked 27th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh ranked 28th in strikeouts per game (9.2) among MLB offenses.
- They hit 84 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- Pittsburgh slugged .359 in 81 road games last season.
- In away games last season, they had a .216 AVG with 7.2 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds put up an OBP of .345 and a slugging percentage of .461 while collecting 142 hits last season.
- Andrew McCutchen hit .237 with 25 doubles, 17 home runs and 57 walks.
- Carlos Santana hit .202 with 18 doubles, 19 home runs and 71 walks a season ago.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes hit .244 with 24 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 48 walks.
Reds vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|Hunter Greene (CIN)||Pitcher||Mitch Keller (PIT)|
|5 – 13||W/L||5 – 12|
Reds vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- Reds: Lucas Sims: 15 Day IL (Back), Luke Weaver: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Pirates: Max Kranick: 60 Day IL (Elbow)