Table of Contents
The Colorado Rockies are underdogs (+170) on the road against the San Diego Padres (-203) in the first game of the season at PETCO Park on Thursday. The game starts at 4:10 PM ET. Blake Snell gets the starting nod for San Diego, and German Marquez is Colorado’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
How Do I Watch the Padres vs. the Rockies?
- TV Channel: BSSD
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres ranked 21st in MLB play with 153 home runs last season. They averaged 0.9 per game.
- San Diego ranked 15th in the majors with a .241 batting average.
- Last season the Padres were the 13th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.4 runs per game (705 total).
- San Diego’s batters struck out 8.2 times per game, the ninth-lowest average in MLB.
- The Padres hit 77 homers at home last season (1.0 per game).
- San Diego averaged 2.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .364 in home contests.
- The club batted .230 with 605 hits (7.5 per game) at home last season.
Padres Key Batters
- Last season, Manny Machado finished with 172 hits and a slugging percentage of .531.
- Juan Soto had 127 hits and an OBP of .401.
- Xander Bogaerts ended his last campaign with 171 hits, an OBP of .377, plus a slugging percentage of .456.
- Jake Cronenworth slashed .240/.333/.394 and finished with an OPS of .727.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies ranked 22nd in Major League Baseball with 149 home runs.
- Colorado’s .254 batting average was among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Rockies scored 698 runs (4.3 per game) last season, which ranked 15th in MLB.
- Colorado showed patience at the plate last season, having the 10th-best rate of strikeouts per game (8.2) among MLB offenses.
- They hit 51 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- Colorado slugged .336 in 81 road games last season.
- They averaged 7.6 base hits per game and had a .225 batting average on the road last season.
Rockies Key Batters
- Jurickson Profar had a .331 on-base percentage last season while batting .243.
- C.J. Cron racked up 148 total hits while slugging .468.
- Charlie Blackmon hit .264 with 22 doubles, six triples, 16 home runs and 32 walks a season ago.
- Ryan McMahon hit .246 with 23 doubles, three triples, 20 home runs and 60 walks.
Padres vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers
|Blake Snell (SD)||Pitcher||German Márquez (COL)|
|8 – 10||W/L||9 – 13|
Padres vs. Rockies Injury Updates
- Padres: Eguy Rosario: 60 Day IL (Ankle)
- Rockies: Tyler Kinley: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Brendan Rodgers: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Rolison: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Sean Bouchard: 60 Day IL (Biceps)