Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (1-1) visit the Oakland Athletics (1-1) at 4:07 PM ET on Sunday at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. The Angels are favored (-167) to break the 1-1 tie and take the series over the Athletics (+142). Los Angeles’ Tyler Anderson gets the start against Oakland’s Ken Waldichuk.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Sunday, April 2, 2023
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the Angels vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels ranked 11th in MLB action with 190 total home runs last season.
- Los Angeles had the 24th-ranked batting average in the majors (.233).
- Last season the Angels were the 25th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 3.8 runs per game (623 total).
- The club’s 9.5 strikeouts per game were the most in baseball.
- The Angels averaged 1.0 home runs per game when playing on the road last season (84 total in road contests).
- Los Angeles slugged .364 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club batted .222 with 611 hits (7.5 per game) on the road last season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani collected 160 hits, posted an OBP of .369 and a .519 SLG last season.
- Mike Trout slashed .283/.379/.630 and finished with an OPS of 1.009.
- Last season, Brandon Drury finished with 28 home runs, 87 RBI and a batting average of .263 last season.
- Taylor Ward slashed .281/.360/.473 and finished with an OPS of .833.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics’ 137 home runs ranked 27th in MLB last season.
- Oakland had a team batting average of just .216 last season, which ranked last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics scored the 29th-most runs in the league last season with just 568 (3.5 per game).
- Oakland ranked 16th with an average of 8.6 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 53 homers, an average of 0.7 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- In 81 home games last season, Oakland had a .326 SLG with 191 hits going for extra bases.
- They averaged 6.6 base hits per game and hit .208 as a team at home last season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Seth Brown accumulated an on-base percentage of .308 and had 115 hits last season.
- Tony Kemp slugged .334 while batting .235.
- Jesus Aguilar had 19 doubles, 16 home runs and 29 walks while hitting .235 last season.
- Aledmys Diaz hit .243 with 13 doubles, 12 home runs and 18 walks.
Angels vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Tyler Anderson (LAA)||Pitcher||Ken Waldichuk (OAK)|
|15 – 5||W/L||2 – 2|
Angels vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Angels: Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), Jared Walsh: 10 Day IL (Headaches), Griffin Canning: 15 Day IL (Groin), Chris Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Athletics: Manny Piña: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Drew Rucinski: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Paul Blackburn: 15 Day IL (Finger), Freddy Tarnok: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)