Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (2-0) will look to sweep the Kansas City Royals (0-2) on Sunday at Kauffman Stadium. The Twins lead 2-0, and are favored (-154) against the underdog Royals (+131) in the matchup, which starts at 2:10 PM ET. Joe Ryan starts for Minnesota, and Brad Keller is Kansas City’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Royals
- Game Day: Sunday, April 2, 2023
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSKC
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins ranked 13th in MLB action with 178 home runs last season. They averaged 1.1 per game.
- Minnesota ranked 11th in the majors with a .248 batting average.
- Last season the Twins scored the 17th-most runs in baseball (696 total, 4.3 per game).
- The team struck out 8.4 times per game to rank 12th in baseball.
- The Twins hit 89 homers away from home last season (1.1 per game).
- Minnesota slugged .390 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team batted .240 with 669 hits (8.3 per game) on the road last season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa had 152 base hits and an OBP of .368 to go with a slugging percentage of .467 last season.
- Kyle Farmer slashed .253/.313/.384 and finished with an OPS of .697.
- Jose Miranda ended his last campaign with 119 hits, an OBP of .325, plus a slugging percentage of .426.
- Max Kepler slashed .227/.320/.348 and finished with an OPS of .668.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals’ 138 home runs ranked 26th in MLB last season.
- Kansas City ranked 14th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Royals scored the 24th-most runs in the league last season with 640 (4.0 per game).
- Kansas City showed patience at the plate last season, having the eighth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.9) among MLB offenses.
- They hit 65 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- Kansas City had a team slugging percentage of .399 in home games last season with 222 extra-base hits.
- In home games last season, they had a .259 AVG with 8.5 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. racked up 150 hits with a .428 slugging percentage last season.
- Salvador Perez hit .254 with 23 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 20 walks.
- MJ Melendez racked up a .314 on-base percentage last season while batting .217.
- Hunter Dozier hit .236 with 26 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 34 walks.
Twins vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Joe Ryan (MIN)||Pitcher||Brad Keller (KC)|
|13 – 8||W/L||6 – 14|
Twins vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Twins: Jorge Polanco: 10 Day IL (Knee), Gilberto Celestino: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Alex Kirilloff: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Josh Winder: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ronny Henriquez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Royce Lewis: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Royals: Drew Waters: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Daniel Lynch: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Zerpa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Diego Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)