Table of Contents
The Milwaukee Brewers (5-1) meet the St. Louis Cardinals (2-4) in a matchup oddsmakers have called a pick ’em on Friday at American Family Field, starting at 8:10 PM ET. Milwaukee’s Brandon Woodruff and St. Louis’ Jack Flaherty will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Friday, April 7, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
How Do I Watch the Brewers vs. the Cardinals?
- TV Channel: BSWI
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers are eighth in baseball with nine home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- Milwaukee’s .281 batting average is fifth-best in the majors.
- The Brewers’ .371 on-base percentage ranks third-best in MLB.
- Milwaukee’s 9.0 strikeouts per game rank 18th in MLB.
- The Brewers average 3.0 homers per home game this season (nine total at home).
- Milwaukee is slugging .624 with 4.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 11.0 hits per game and is batting .327 at home this season.
Brewers Key Batters
- Brian Anderson leads Milwaukee in OBP (.565), slugging percentage (1.056) and total hits (nine) this season.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, Anderson’s batting average ranks second, his on-base percentage ranks sixth, and he is first in slugging.
- Anderson will look for his seventh straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last six games he is hitting .500 with a double, three home runs, four walks and 10 RBI.
- Garrett Mitchell has a triple, three home runs and two walks while batting .300.
- Among qualifiers, Mitchell ranks 71st in batting average, 73rd in on-base percentage and eighth in slugging percentage.
- Mitchell has picked up at least one hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .375 with a triple, three home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Brice Turang is batting .313 with a .563 slugging percentage and five RBI this year.
- Jesse Winker has been key for Milwaukee with six hits, an OBP of .409 plus a slugging percentage of .444.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals have hit eight homers this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- St. Louis ranks first in the majors with a .324 team batting average.
- The Cardinals have the best on-base percentage (.380) in baseball this year.
- St. Louis has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the second-best strikeout rate (6.3 per game) among MLB offenses.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Nolan Gorman leads the Cardinals with seven hits.
- Gorman ranks eighth in batting average, third in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Gorman hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .438 with a double, two home runs, six walks and six RBI.
- Paul Goldschmidt’s .593 OBP and .650 slugging percentage both pace his team.
- Goldschmidt is sixth in batting average, second in on-base percentage and 27th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Brendan Donovan is batting .273 with two home runs and two walks.
- Jordan Walker has two doubles and a home run while batting .333.
Brewers vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers
|Brandon Woodruff (MIL)||Pitcher||Jack Flaherty (STL)|
|0 – 0||W/L||1 – 0|
Brewers vs. Cardinals Injury Updates
- Brewers: Luis Urías: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Tyrone Taylor: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Adrian Houser: 15 Day IL (Groin), Aaron Ashby: 15 Day IL (Labrum), Jason Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Justin Wilson: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Cardinals: Lars Nootbaar: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Paul DeJong: 10 Day IL (Back), Adam Wainwright: 15 Day IL (Groin), Wilking Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder)