Table of Contents
The Boston Red Sox (3-4) and the Detroit Tigers (2-5) meet on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. The Red Sox are moneyline favorites (-140) against the underdog Tigers (+120). Tanner Houck takes the mound first for Boston, and Joey Wentz is Detroit’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Saturday, April 8, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank eighth in MLB action with 10 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Boston is 13th in the majors with a .256 batting average.
- The Red Sox’s .332 on-base percentage is 14th in MLB.
- Boston’s hitters strike out 7.1 times per game, the 10th-lowest average in the majors.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Adam Duvall leads Boston with 11 hits and an OBP of .536, plus a team-best slugging percentage of 1.042.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Duvall is fourth in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage, and second in slugging.
- Masataka Yoshida has a double, a home run and three walks while hitting .250.
- Among qualifiers, Yoshida is 106th in batting average, 95th in on-base percentage and 108th in slugging percentage.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .333 with a .500 slugging percentage and four RBI this year.
- Rafael Devers is batting .323 with a .364 OBP and four RBI for Boston this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank 22nd in Major League Baseball with five home runs.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .201 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .257 this season, which ranks last in the league.
- Detroit ranks just 28th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 10.0 whiffs per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson is batting .222 with a double, a home run and a walk.
- Torkelson is 129th in batting average, 166th in on-base percentage and 117th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters in the majors.
- Matt Vierling has eight hits with a .385 OBP while slugging .500. Those stats all lead his team.
- Including all qualifying players, Vierling is 46th in batting average, 62nd in on-base percentage and 67th in slugging percentage.
- Riley Greene has racked up a slugging percentage of .481, a team-best for the Tigers.
- Jake Rogers is batting .250 with two home runs.
Red Sox vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Tanner Houck (BOS)||Pitcher||Joey Wentz (DET)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 1|
Red Sox vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Red Sox: Brayan Bello: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 15 Day IL (Elbow), James Paxton: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Garrett Whitlock: 15 Day IL (Hip), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Tigers: Beau Brieske: 15 Day IL (Arm), Michael Lorenzen: 15 Day IL (Groin), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)