Table of Contents
Connor Joe leads the Pittsburgh Pirates (5-2) into a contest against the Chicago White Sox (3-5) a game after he totaled four hits in a 13-9 win over the White Sox. The White Sox are favored on the moneyline (-130) against the Pirates (+109) in this outing, which begins at 6:35 PM ET on Saturday. Chicago has Mike Clevinger set to start, and Pittsburgh will counter with Vince Velasquez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Saturday, April 8, 2023
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
How Do I Watch the White Sox vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: SportsNet PT
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank eighth-best in baseball with 10 total home runs.
- Chicago is third in MLB with a .287 batting average.
- The White Sox are ninth in baseball with a .339 on-base percentage.
- Chicago’s 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 21st in the majors.
- The White Sox have hit nine home runs away from home this season (1.8 per game).
- Chicago is slugging .521 with 5.0 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team is batting .295 with 56 hits (11.2 per game) on the road this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert leads Chicago with 13 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .750.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Robert is 21st in batting average, 82nd in on-base percentage, and 10th in slugging.
- Robert hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .455 with two doubles, four home runs and eight RBI.
- Tim Anderson has four doubles and two walks while batting .353.
- Anderson is 29th in batting average, 54th in on-base percentage and 82nd in slugging among qualifying batters.
- Anderson has picked up at least one hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with three doubles and three RBI.
- Yoan Moncada leads Chicago in OBP (.419) this season, fueled by 12 hits.
- Moncada has logged a hit or more in seven straight games. In his last seven games he is batting .400 with four doubles, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .231 with a .375 OBP and seven RBI for Chicago this season.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates have hit 10 homers this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- Pittsburgh ranks 11th in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Pirates have the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.326).
- Pittsburgh ranks 16th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.9 Ks per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has accumulated a slugging percentage of 1.103 and has 13 hits, both team-high numbers for the Pirates.
- Reynolds ranks fourth in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage and first in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Reynolds enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last seven outings he is batting .448 with two doubles, a triple, five home runs, two walks and 13 RBI.
- Oneil Cruz is hitting .269 with a double, a home run and five walks.
- Including all qualifying players, Cruz’s batting average places him 94th, his on-base percentage ranks 62nd, and he is 101st in slugging.
- Ji-Hwan Bae has two doubles, a home run and a walk while batting .304.
- Carlos Santana is batting .185 with a double, two home runs and four walks.
White Sox vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|Mike Clevinger (CHW)||Pitcher||Vince Velásquez (PIT)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 1|
White Sox vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- White Sox: Eloy Jiménez: 10 Day IL (Strained hamstring), Liam Hendriks: 15 Day IL (Illness), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Foster: 15 Day IL (Forearm)
- Pirates: Robert Stephenson: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), Max Kranick: 60 Day IL (Elbow), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Hedges: 7 Day IL (Concussion)