Table of Contents
Rafael Devers leads the Boston Red Sox (4-4) into a contest against the Detroit Tigers (2-6) after his two-home run showing in a 14-5 win over the Tigers. The Red Sox are favored on the moneyline (-118) in this game against the underdog Tigers (-101), which starts at 1:10 PM ET on Sunday. Kutter Crawford gets the starting nod for Boston, and Matthew Boyd is Detroit’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Sunday, April 9, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox average 1.8 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB action with 14 total home runs.
- Boston has the 10th-best batting average in MLB (.263).
- The Red Sox are 10th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .342.
- Boston strikes out 6.6 times per game, the second-best average in the majors.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Adam Duvall leads Boston with 14 hits and an OBP of .545, plus a team-best slugging percentage of 1.138.
- Among all qualifying batters in MLB, Duvall ranks first in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Duvall has recorded a base hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .450 with four doubles, two home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Devers has three doubles, four home runs and two walks while batting .343.
- Among all qualified, Devers ranks 37th in batting average, 63rd in on-base percentage and eighth in slugging percentage.
- Devers takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, four home runs, two walks and eight RBI.
- Masataka Yoshida has collected seven base hits, an OBP of .378 and a slugging percentage of .367 this season.
- Alex Verdugo has one home run, five RBI and a batting average of .353 this season.
- Verdugo enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit just five homers this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .199 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .260 this season, which ranks last in the league.
- Detroit ranks 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 10.0 Ks per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Riley Greene has a team-high OBP (.353) and slugging percentage (.452), while leading the Tigers in hits (nine).
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, Greene’s batting average places him 71st, his on-base percentage ranks 91st, and he is 90th in slugging.
- Spencer Torkelson is hitting .200 with a double, a home run and a walk.
- Torkelson’s batting average ranks 155th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 185th, and he is 143rd in slugging.
- Matt Vierling is hitting .286 with a double, a home run and two walks.
- Kerry Carpenter is hitting .333 with three doubles and three walks.
Red Sox vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Kutter Crawford (BOS)||Pitcher||Matthew Boyd (DET)|
|0 – 1||W/L||0 – 0|
Red Sox vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Red Sox: Brayan Bello: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 15 Day IL (Elbow), James Paxton: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Garrett Whitlock: 15 Day IL (Hip), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Tigers: Austin Meadows: 10 Day IL (Anxiety), Beau Brieske: 15 Day IL (Arm), Michael Lorenzen: 15 Day IL (Groin), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)