Table of Contents
Booksmakers give the Tampa Bay Rays (8-0) the edge (-286 on the moneyline) to continue their eight-game win streak when they meet the Oakland Athletics (2-6), at +234, on Sunday at 1:10 PM ET. Tampa Bay’s Drew Rasmussen starts against Oakland’s James Kaprielian.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Sunday, April 9, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: BSSUN
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Tampa Bay Rays have hit a league-leading 21 home runs, averaging 2.6 per game.
- Tampa Bay ranks fourth in the majors with a .282 batting average.
- The Rays rank third in baseball with an on-base percentage of .365.
- Tampa Bay’s hitters strike out 6.4 times per game, the fewest strikeouts in the majors.
- The Rays average 2.4 homers per game when playing at home this season (12 total in home contests).
- Tampa Bay is averaging 4.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .562 in home contests.
- The club averages 9.0 hits per game and is batting .278 at home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Wander Franco has 12 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .727, both of which rank first among Tampa Bay hitters this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Franco ranks 21st in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage, and 11th in slugging.
- Franco has recorded at least one hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .227 with two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay with an OBP of .472 this season while batting .367 with four walks and eight runs scored.
- Arozarena’s batting average ranks 19th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 17th, and his slugging percentage 18th.
- Arozarena heads into this game looking to extend his eight-game hit streak. In his last eight outings he is hitting .367 with three doubles, two home runs, four walks and 10 RBI.
- Yandy Diaz is batting .222 with a .481 slugging percentage and six RBI this year.
- Isaac Paredes has been key for Tampa Bay with eight hits, an OBP of .370 plus a slugging percentage of .560.
- Paredes heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .375 with two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit eight homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- Oakland has a team batting average of just .209 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have an OBP of just .284 this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- Oakland ranks 15th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
Athletics Key Batters
- Tony Kemp is hitting .222 with a double and five walks.
- Kemp is 140th in batting average, 99th in on-base percentage and 171st in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Esteury Ruiz is batting .231 with three doubles and three walks.
- Including all qualifying players, Ruiz ranks 134th in batting average, 87th in on-base percentage and 136th in slugging percentage.
- Ryan Noda is batting .222 with a double, two home runs and three walks.
- Ramon Laureano has racked up seven hits while slugging .552. Both are team-highs.
Rays vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Drew Rasmussen (TB)||Pitcher||James Kaprielian (OAK)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 0|
Rays vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Rays: Jose Siri: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Tyler Glasnow: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Shane Baz: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Shawn Armstrong: 15 Day IL (Neck), Andrew Kittredge: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Athletics: Manny Piña: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Drew Rucinski: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Freddy Tarnok: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Paul Blackburn: 15 Day IL (Finger), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)