Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (4-5) will try for a sweep of the Cleveland Guardians (5-4) on Sunday at Progressive Field. The Mariners lead 2-0, and are favored (-124) against the underdog Guardians (+105) in the matchup, which starts at 1:40 PM ET. Seattle’s George Kirby starts against Cleveland’s Zach Plesac.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Sunday, April 9, 2023
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners rank 24th in MLB play with seven home runs. They average 0.8 per game.
- Seattle has the 21st-ranked batting average in MLB (.239).
- The Mariners rank 24th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .300.
- Seattle strikes out 8.7 times per game, the No. 20 mark in the majors.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France leads Seattle with 13 hits, batting .342 this season with six extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, France ranks 41st in batting average, 52nd in on-base percentage, and 40th in slugging.
- France has picked up at least one hit in six straight games. During his last nine games he is batting .342 with five doubles, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Julio Rodriguez has four doubles, two home runs and three walks while batting .300.
- Rodriguez ranks 65th in batting average, 94th in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Rodriguez heads into this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .273 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez leads the Mariners with an OPS of .878. He has a slash line of .389/.405/.472 this season.
- Suarez brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last nine games he is batting .389 with three doubles, a walk and seven RBI.
- A.J. Pollock is batting .167 with a .286 OBP and five RBI for Seattle this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ five home runs rank 28th in MLB this season.
- Cleveland’s .250 batting average ranks 17th in the majors this season.
- The Guardians have the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.333).
- Cleveland ranks 19th with an average of 8.3 strikeouts per game.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has four doubles, a triple and eight walks while batting .297.
- Including all qualified players, Ramirez is 68th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 30th and he is 87th in slugging.
- Ramirez enters this game on a nine-game hitting streak. During his last nine outings he is batting .297 with four doubles, a triple, eight walks and four RBI.
- Myles Straw has a .528 on-base percentage to lead his team.
- Straw is 16th in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage and 92nd in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Andres Gimenez has racked up a team-high slugging percentage (.543) and paces the Guardians in hits (12).
- Steven Kwan is batting .282 with two doubles and three walks.
Mariners vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|George Kirby (SEA)||Pitcher||Zach Plesac (CLE)|
|0 – 1||W/L||0 – 0|
Mariners vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Mariners: Dylan Moore: 10 Day IL (Olique), Taylor Trammell: 10 Day IL (Hand), Robbie Ray: 15 Day IL (Flexor)
- Guardians: Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Sam Hentges: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)