Table of Contents
The New York Mets (5-4) will look to Pete Alonso, who is riding a three-game home run streak, when they square off against the Miami Marlins (3-6). The Mets are favored (-152) for this matchup with the Marlins (+131), which begins at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday at Citi Field. Carlos Carrasco starts for New York while Miami will counter with Johnny Cueto.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Sunday, April 9, 2023
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Marlins?
- TV Channel: SNY
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets are 11th in baseball with 10 total home runs.
- New York’s .213 batting average ranks 27th in the majors.
- The Mets rank 15th in MLB with a .329 on-base percentage.
- New York’s batters strike out 6.8 times per game, the seventh-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
Mets Key Batters
- Alonso has eight hits, which is tops among New York hitters this season, while batting .235 with six extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, Alonso ranks 130th in batting average, 108th in on-base percentage, and 14th in slugging.
- Alonso hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with four home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo leads New York in OBP (.421) this season, fueled by five hits.
- Among qualified hitters, Nimmo’s batting average ranks him 162nd, his on-base percentage 31st, and his slugging percentage 181st.
- Francisco Lindor has seven hits this season and has a slash line of .241/.395/.448.
- Lindor has logged a hit or more in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Starling Marte has an OPS of .799, fueled by an OBP of .361 and a team-best slugging percentage of .438 this season.
- Marte enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins rank 16th in Major League Baseball with nine home runs.
- Miami has a team batting average of just .221 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have an OBP of just .280 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- Miami is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 28th with an average of 9.8 strikeouts per game.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has racked up a team-high OBP (.529) and slugging percentage (.533).
- Including all qualifying players in the majors, Arraez’s batting average places him second, his on-base percentage ranks fifth, and he is 50th in slugging.
- Jorge Soler is batting .206 with three doubles, three home runs and two walks.
- Soler’s batting average ranks 153rd among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 172nd, and he is 39th in slugging.
- Garrett Cooper is leading the Marlins with nine hits.
- Jazz Chisholm has a double, two home runs and three walks while batting .200.
Mets vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers
|Carlos Carrasco (NYM)||Pitcher||Johnny Cueto (MIA)|
|0 – 1||W/L||0 – 1|
Mets vs. Marlins Injury Updates
- Mets: Omar Narváez: 10 Day IL (Calf), Tommy Hunter: 15 Day IL (Back), Justin Verlander: 15 Day IL (Teres major), Stephen Ridings: 15 Day IL (Lat), Elieser Hernandez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), José Quintana: 15 Day IL (Rib), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Marlins: Joey Wendle: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Johnny Cueto: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Tommy Nance: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Steven Okert: 15 Day IL (Adductor), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Nic Enright: 60 Day IL (Illness)