Table of Contents
The Atlanta Braves (6-3) host the San Diego Padres (5-4) on Sunday at Truist Park, beginning at 7:10 PM ET. The Braves are favored on the moneyline (-119), while the Padres are +100 underdogs, despite being favored against the spread (1.5) with +160 odds. Atlanta’s Dylan Dodd and San Diego’s Seth Lugo pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Padres
- Game Day: Sunday, April 9, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
How Do I Watch the Braves vs. the Padres?
- TV Channel: ESPN
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves are sixth-best in MLB action with 12 total home runs.
- Atlanta is eighth in the majors with a .265 batting average.
- The Braves’ .343 on-base percentage ranks seventh-best in MLB.
- Atlanta strikes out 9.0 times per game, the No. 19 average in baseball.
- The Braves average 0.7 homers per game when playing at home this season (two total in home outings).
- Atlanta is averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .363 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.0 hits per game and is batting .235.
Braves Key Batters
- Matt Olson has 13 hits and an OBP of .452 to go with a slugging percentage of .750. All three of those stats are tops among Atlanta hitters this season.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Olson’s batting average ranks 23rd, his on-base percentage ranks 22nd, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. has two doubles, two home runs and five walks while hitting .282.
- Acuna’s batting average ranks 77th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 75th, and his slugging percentage 64th.
- Austin Riley has collected 10 base hits, an OBP of .425 and a slugging percentage of .531 this season.
- Orlando Arcia has two home runs, four RBI and a batting average of .286 this season.
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres rank sixth in Major League Baseball with 12 home runs.
- San Diego has a team batting average of just .229 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Padres have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- San Diego has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the eighth-best strikeout rate (7.8 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit three homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in three road contests this season.
- San Diego has a team slugging percentage of .360 in away games this season with eight extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .220 with 7.3 base hits per contest.
Padres Key Batters
- Xander Bogaerts has put up an on-base percentage of .425, a slugging percentage of .697, and has 11 hits, all club-bests for the Padres.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Bogaerts ranks 36th in batting average, 29th in on-base percentage and 16th in slugging percentage.
- Juan Soto is hitting .182 with a double, two home runs and eight walks.
- Soto’s batting average ranks 171st among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 100th, and he is 116th in slugging.
- Jake Cronenworth has two doubles, a home run and six walks while batting .214.
- Trent Grisham is batting .242 with two doubles, two home runs and five walks.
Braves vs. Padres Probable Pitchers
|Dylan Dodd (ATL)||Pitcher||Seth Lugo (SD)|
|1 – 0||W/L||1 – 0|
Braves vs. Padres Injury Updates
- Braves: Michael Harris II: 10 Day IL (Back), Collin McHugh: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Fried: 15 Day IL (Left hamstring), Kyle Wright: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Raisel Iglesias: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Huascar Ynoa: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kolby Allard: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Tyler Matzek: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Travis d’Arnaud: 7 Day IL (Concussion)
- Padres: David Dahl: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Adam Engel: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Drew Pomeranz: 15 Day IL (Elbow/flexor), José Castillo: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Robert Suarez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Joe Musgrove: 15 Day IL (Toe), Adrian Morejon: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Eguy Rosario: 60 Day IL (Ankle)