Table of Contents
The Houston Astros (4-6) will look to Jose Abreu, who is riding a 10-game hitting streak, when they play the Pittsburgh Pirates (6-3). The Astros are favored on the moneyline (-184) for this matchup against the Pirates (+156), which starts at 6:35 PM ET on Monday at PNC Park. Framber Valdez gets the starting nod for Houston, and Roansy Contreras is Pittsburgh’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Monday, April 10, 2023
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: SportsNet PT
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are 14th in baseball with 10 total home runs.
- Houston is 21st in the majors with a .240 batting average.
- The Astros rank 18th in baseball with a .319 on-base percentage.
- Houston’s 9.5 strikeouts per game are the third-most in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.0 homers per game when playing away from home this season (three total in road outings).
- Houston is averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .356 on the road.
- The team averages 7.7 hits per game and is batting .221 away from home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in total hits (nine) this season while batting .281 with four extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Alvarez ranks 82nd in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 58th, and he is 29th in slugging.
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston with an OBP of .395 this season while batting .257 with eight walks and four runs scored.
- Tucker is 100th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 36th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Chas McCormick has seven hits this season and has a slash line of .259/.355/.519.
- McCormick takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .227 with a double, two home runs and six RBI.
- Jeremy Pena has two home runs, seven RBI and a batting average of .209 this season.
- Pena heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .217 with two doubles, two home runs and five RBI.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates rank 11th in Major League Baseball with 11 home runs.
- Pittsburgh ranks 18th in MLB with a .243 team batting average.
- The Pirates have an on-base percentage of .315 this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- Pittsburgh ranks 11th in strikeouts per game (8.4) among MLB offenses.
- In three games at home this season, they’ve hit three homers, an average of 1.0 per contest.
- In three home games this season, it is slugging .500 with 12 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 10.3 base hits per game and batting .304 as a team at home this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has 15 hits with a .919 slugging percentage, both team-high numbers for the Pirates.
- Including all qualifying players in the big leagues, Reynolds is seventh in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage and second in slugging percentage.
- Reynolds takes a nine-game hitting streak into this game. In his last nine games he is batting .405 with two doubles, a triple, five home runs, two walks and 14 RBI.
- Oneil Cruz is batting .250 with a double, a home run and seven walks.
- Including all qualified players, Cruz is 103rd in batting average, 69th in on-base percentage and 129th in slugging percentage.
- Andrew McCutchen has put up an on-base percentage of .515, a team-best for the Pirates.
- Carlos Santana has a double, two home runs and five walks while batting .235.
Astros vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Roansy Contreras (PIT)|
|0 – 1||W/L||1 – 0|
Astros vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- Astros: Jose Altuve: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Michael Brantley: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Lance McCullers Jr.: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Parker Mushinski: 15 Day IL (Spine), Blake Taylor: 15 Day IL (Elbow)
- Pirates: Robert Stephenson: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), Max Kranick: 60 Day IL (Elbow), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Hedges: 7 Day IL (Concussion), Oneil Cruz: day-to-day (Ankle)