Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (16-3) will look for another strong showing from a hitter when they square off against the Chicago White Sox (7-12) on Friday at 6:40 PM ET at Tropicana Field. Yandy Diaz is on a two-game home run streak for the favored Rays (-140) in the matchup with the underdog White Sox (+120). Tampa Bay’s Calvin Faucher gets the start against Chicago’s Michael Kopech.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Friday, April 21, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: BSSUN
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Tampa Bay Rays have hit a league-leading 42 home runs, averaging 2.2 per game.
- Tampa Bay’s .288 batting average leads MLB.
- The Rays have a league-high .360 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay’s batters strike out 7.6 times per game, the seventh-lowest average in baseball.
- The Rays average 2.3 homers per home game this season (23 total at home).
- Tampa Bay is averaging 4.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .573 in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 9.4 hits per game and is batting .287.
Rays Key Batters
- Diaz is hitting .274 with two doubles, six home runs and 11 walks.
- Among the qualified hitters in the majors, Diaz’s batting average ranks 66th, his on-base percentage ranks 31st, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Diaz has picked up at least one hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in slugging percentage (.542) thanks to seven extra-base hits.
- Arozarena ranks 13th in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage and 30th in slugging in the majors.
- Arozarena enters this game looking to extend his three-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Wander Franco has 22 hits this season and has a slash line of .301/.363/.575.
- Josh Lowe has four home runs, 13 RBI and a batting average of .362 this season.
- Lowe takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a double, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 19 home runs.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .251 this season, which ranks 11th among MLB teams.
- The White Sox have the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.304).
- Chicago ranks 13th with an average of 8.3 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 12 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 10 road contests this season.
- In 10 road games this season, it is slugging .427 with 36 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .260 with 9.4 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert has put up a team-best slugging percentage (.539) and leads the White Sox in hits (20).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Robert’s batting average ranks 86th, his on-base percentage ranks 148th, and he is 32nd in slugging.
- Andrew Vaughn paces his team with a .385 on-base percentage.
- Including all qualifying players, Vaughn is 73rd in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage and 88th in slugging percentage.
- Jake Burger is hitting .276 with two doubles, five home runs and four walks.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .273 with four doubles and four walks.
Rays vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Calvin Faucher (TB)||Pitcher||Michael Kopech (CHW)|
|0 – 0||W/L||0 – 2|
Rays vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Rays: Jose Siri: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Zach Eflin: 15 Day IL (Back), Jeffrey Springs: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Thompson: 15 Day IL (Lat), Tyler Glasnow: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Shawn Armstrong: 60 Day IL (Neck), Andrew Kittredge: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- White Sox: Yoán Moncada: 10 Day IL (Back), Tim Anderson: 10 Day IL (Knee), Hanser Alberto: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Joe Kelly: 15 Day IL (Groin), Liam Hendriks: 15 Day IL (Illness), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)